Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 02:57:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transformation Complete!  (Read 736 times)
wagwar

Ignore
« on: November 04, 2012, 10:06:30 AM »

The transformation of the big, ugly, brown, bus is complete and it looks great! I finished the clear coat on Friday. Check out the whole story on our blog www.mightybus.wordpress.com (see also the small green/blue sphere icon in the left side of this post). I included a pic in this post, but I'm not sure it will show up.

Jim

challenger440

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 06:21:38 PM »

Very cool. 

John  M.

John M.
Helena, Mt
MC7  "under construction"
crown

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 10:46:03 AM »

jim may i ask what did stormy charge for the paint work ? was it special spray paint ? or what you buy
 at the box store ? and last did you roll on the clear ? thanks john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
wagwar

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 05:28:20 PM »

Hi John,

We hired an artist that is both a tattoo and large mural artist. He used spray paint - cans of spray paint with different nozzles. These were not your garden variety cans of spray paint. He purchases at an art supply store. The stuff they use comes in a huge array of hues. I rolled the primer, base coat and clear. The finished result is a textured (not flat) finish. The clear makes a big difference in accenting the colors and in the sealing of the surface. However, it is a rough texture, which I am OK with. I used a 1/4" nap roller to keep it as smooth as possible with a roller. If you need a truly flat finish, I think you would have to spray it on. Estimates for painting my bus were in the $15K range (no stainless). We saved a huge amount by adjusting our expectations...  On the other hand, it would be very difficult to find this kind of talent in the standard car/custom paint industry. Needless to say, this cost us no where even close to that. Contact me off line for any additional info you'd like.

Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: