Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 25, 2014, 09:09:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear Bumper Skirt  (Read 2077 times)
kaptar

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 02:35:40 PM »

How about a bra for the toad if you have heating issues?
garhawk

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 06:44:46 AM »

Hi Kaptar,

Thought about the bra but, couldn't see the difference in washing the toad or the bra. 

I know the bra would protect the toad front from heavy debri kicked up by the bus but, my goal is to decrease the work load once we throw out the anchor. 

You may be right tho' - let me try it this way and I'll keep you up to date on the results.

gary t'berry
Eagle Mod 20 DD ser 60 w/slide
GMC RTS 102"  40er (in progress)
Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 07:06:10 AM »

Do you have a source for the skirt material, Gary?

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 08:23:10 AM »

Gary,

Have you driven behind a motorhome with the hula skirt on the back? I have and the grass skirt is sticking straight back, unlike the heaver solid skirts, which hang only at a slight angle. Not much value in a skirt that doesn't hang down where it can stop the debris that comes off the tires or the bottom of the engine. JMO

Good luck, Sam

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
garhawk

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 12:35:04 PM »

Bruce:

No, I've not found a source for the skirting material.  I understand from the manufacturer (Fleet Engineers) that the stuff is called "Spray Supression Skirting".  None of their so-called dealers keep the product in stock and, they're not keen on ordering an eight foot piece. 

Three 'dealers' took my number and put me in line.  Haven't heard a word.  Guess my number hasn't come up yet.

Sam 4106:

Thanks for that heads-up!  No, I haven't followed an rv with just the 'grass skirting' , properly named Spray Supression Skirting (SSS). If the material acts as you described, then perhaps more thought should go into the effort before just hanging it off the bottom of the bumper.

I did, however, follow a Prevost with a very expensive looking combination.  The top half of the skirt appeared to be solid rubber with a nice chrome strip across the entire width.  The bottom half of the skirt was the SSS material.  The skirt was hung from the bottom of the bumper by what appeared to be several single chain lengths.

Looks like if a man is not careful, he could be getting into deep financial waters. 

Think I'll get in touch with Arthur - think he has the set-up that I'm hoping will work.

gary t'berry
Eagle Mod 20 DD ser 60 w/slide
GMC RTS 102"  40er (in progress)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 02:43:49 PM »

Took mine off and fixed leaks. Couldn't really tell differance. Most of crap seems to be road dirt/old oil and rubber. Have seen deflectors that fit on tow bars. With the 8-v92 on 1000 mile trips very little except road dirt on the toad. Haven't towed behind the 60 series yet.  Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: