Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 02:41:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROAD WARS NOVEMBER - BCM  (Read 645 times)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2012, 04:35:34 PM »

Not always being the sharpest knife in the drawer, I am experiencing a little trouble understanding what is going on in this latest issue of BCM concerning the issue of transporting a bus from Utah to California. 

Road Wars page #25.

What I do not understand is why the operator was stopped to begin with? 

Was it because the bus itself was in a “commercial carrier” configuration (windows, no siding, no window shades or fairings) and clearly not appearing to be a Motorhome.

I run private coach plates and clearly appear on the exterior to be a motorhome (I am not tagged that way) so I am wondering what it was that brought the attention of the cop to the bus in the first place. 

The author states that he was driving in a reasonable safe manner and had not broken any traffic laws. 

Having run out west for numerous years, we have never experienced this problem.  So here is my question:  “Because of this apparent Calif/Arizona vendetta against each other, will ALL BUS OPERATORS/OWNERS be facing this problem in the future?”

Just wondering.

Thanks,

BCO

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 05:23:02 PM »

He was stopped because AZ does honor other states temporary trip permits if it is made of paper they will  take a good look He could have bought a AZ trip permit (5.00) at the point of entry coming from Utah
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:26:45 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 05:47:33 PM »

He was stopped because AZ does honor other states temporary trip permits if it is made of paper they will  take a good look He could have bought a AZ trip permit (5.00) at the point of entry coming from Utah

So help me out? 

He was stopped because he did not have a trip permit (which would have made him commercial right?) and that was the sole reason.

How about us, the people who are clearly in a motorhome/custom coach mode, we gonna get stopped in AZ Cliff?  This is what I am inquiring about.

Thanks,

BCO

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 06:15:58 PM »

Don, if you have current plates in the state you reside they don't bother you,even private vehicles with a trip permit are required to buy another for AZ  fwiw they are not the only state that does it a OK trip permit is not good in Kansas BTDT  

They will not stop out of state people with a trip permit from others states and they do give the military people a free pass with a trip permit.

A temporary 30 day reregistration is a different game they will not stop folks for those only the trip permits  

Mikey just pushed the envelope trying to save a few bucks it is posted at every weight station same with dealers tags from out of state dealers don't get a free pass here either,AZ just has a 1 day trip permit if it takes you 3 days to leave the state you buy 3   lol  

good luck  
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 06:19:30 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: