Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 20, 2014, 11:56:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BCM - STORY TELLING  (Read 788 times)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« on: November 18, 2012, 01:21:28 AM »

We are a story-telling folk, for as long as time has rolled by, we have sat around the campfire and told ourselves stories.  The ancient among us, would draw on the walls of caves to possibly entertain, enlighten, frighten or enthrall those who came along much later and stumble upon it.  

As a small child our grandparents would sit us down and tell us about “the good old days” as they remembered them and our parents would mystify us with stories of their youth.  My Dad and his brothers, used to sit at the kitchen table for hours and relive World War II and their exploits and/or adventures.  

Lets face it ... We like to tell our stories.

BCM fulfills that need to a certain extent, every now and then, it comes mostly unceremoniously or unannounced to our mailbox loaded with bus related stories.  They key word or phrase here lately being “every now and then.”  For those of you who are unaware, BCM is back, much like the mythical Phoenix, it has rose up from the ashes and appears to be flying again.

It is my profound hope that they can maintain their current energies and keep their head above water in all this.  It is nice, to sit down, rummage thru the pages with a cup of coffee on a cool fall evening and sift thru a dedicated bus rag.  Kind of nice to have ‘em back.

And finally, here is a novel idea for any burned out bus nut over-achievers.

Write your own little horror stories down and sell them. BCM is looking for good material, they want stories.  Everyone has a story, perhaps yours will get you a few gallons of diesel, you never know.  Hobby, lifestyle, obsession, call it what you want.  It is your job believe it or not to share it with someone, which is kind of like what BCM does come to think of it.  

Write something akin to those Navy commercials, “It is not a job, it’s an adventure.”  Every jouney begins with one step and a dream.  Like most of us, yours is most likely just down the road, why not put it on the page.

Watch those right-handers,

BoxCarOkie (CTA)
The Mega-Manical-Self Appointed King of Bus Board Babylon.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 09:39:56 AM by boxcarOkie » Logged

crown

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 06:25:08 AM »

bco very good.but i plan to write some stuff.  but wont sell it. i will do it for free
 we get a lot out of this forum and need to give back to keep the phoenix flying
 for all to enjoy  thanks john

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 09:38:27 AM »

bco very good.but i plan to write some stuff.  but wont sell it. i will do it for free
 we get a lot out of this forum and need to give back to keep the phoenix flying
 for all to enjoy  thanks john

Sounds good John, i will be looking forward to it.

Thanks for the reply,

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 04:15:36 AM »

clerical error.  Sorry.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: