Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 08:12:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking of selling ny 4905,but i may not have the time to finish,  (Read 2011 times)
johnjem
http://photobucket.com/johnsgmc4905

1970 gmc 4905

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2012, 03:12:43 PM »

Thanks for a the warm wishes,u are all right i am not in the right state of mind,i will sit on it,for a while,today was my first day out with the baby solo ,it was alright lots of planning ahead like where am i going to be in 2 hours when she wakes up to eat.or change her ,wife needed to get out of the house so she went back to work ,for a few days aweek,on my days off,lol we will manage thanks for all the good advice   john

Never stop thinking,it"s what keeps us going till tomorrow
http://photobucket.com/johnsgmc4905
Mex-Busnut

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2012, 08:37:31 PM »

Yes: Congrats on the new baby!

And YES again: Keep the bus!

We received this advice from our doctor after our first was born: After the first month, the baby must be accustomed (by you and your bride) to sleep all night. If she cries, just check that she is dry, warm and O. K., and has no cholics. If you go running every time she cries, you will b doing that as well when she is 26...

We traveled full time with our baby son in our fifth-wheel from the time he was 3 weeks old. After our second was born a few years later, we moved into a house.

Dr. Steve, San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico, North America, Planet Earth, Milky Way.
1981 Dina Olímpico (Flxible Flxliner clone), 6V92TA Detroit Diesel
Rockwell model RM135A 9-speed manual tranny.
Jake brakes
100 miles North West of Mexico City, Mexico. 6,800 feet altitude.
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2012, 05:08:05 AM »

John

Congrats on the New Baby!  It's the best adventure that you will ever have.  In all the craziness don't forget to put your wife at the top of the priority list (baby second).  We now have 4 kids and the youngest is 5.  It will go by so quick!!!!  The first year seems like 10 years though.  Every year after it goes faster and faster and by the time they are no longer babies you will want everything to slow down. And it won't.

As far as the bus - One thing we often do is look at the size and cost of the project over the short term and get overwhelmed.  One thing I have learned about our bus is that it will probably be a lifelong project.  If you have a place to store it for minimal or little cost, hold on to it, break it down into small projects and do a little bit at a time.  Make sure you get wifey to help you with the project as well.  If you involve the family instead of just gungho'ing (is that a word?) it yourself then it can be something that will be a little part of what holds you all together.  My kids now just enjoy sitting on the bus with a book or doing homework while I am working on it.  And how awesome would it be to have an 8 or 10 year old that has helped to build out that bus and can now adventure on it!  If I had that opportunity as a kid it would be great memories. 

-Sean
www.herdofturtles.org

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: