Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 08:52:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pex - Very rigid...  (Read 810 times)
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« on: November 14, 2006, 04:10:17 PM »

Are there more than one kind of Pex?  I got some at Lowes and it seems rather rigid and difficult to bend.  Is this normal?

Thanks,
Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
belfert

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 05:11:27 PM »

Some PEX seems to be slightly more flexible than others.  I bought a 5 foot length of some clear PEX at a local Farm and Fleet store that is fairly flexible.  I think it is made by the people who make Flair-it fittings.  The stuff from Home Depot in a 100 foot roll is pretty stiff.  I was going to buy a 100 foot roll of the clear stuff, but the price was two or three times the HD stuff.

Brian Elfert
DMoedave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 07:37:47 PM »

Several companies manufacture the pex tubing. There are types for radient heating marked "not for use with potable water"Also the shiny finish is usualy used for heating as it has an oxygen barrier. usually we put the roll of tubing in the boiler room to warm it up. Pex will become much more flexible when its warm, it fact if you kink it you can straighten out the kink with a heat gun ( dont over do it)

we love our buses!!! NE Pa or LI NY, or somewhere in between!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: