Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 17, 2014, 02:32:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clifford  (Read 2164 times)
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2012, 03:22:01 PM »

By the way Clifford, "congratulations on becoming a bus topic."  Every time I try that I get relegated to "Ewe-Know-Where" ... I guess I had it wrong (nuthin new huh?) as I thought all of 'em were being built with the German Trans.  Don't believe I would want one as the workforce in America is not qualified to work on them. 

The new Cat trucks are now color coding all their wiring in order to cope with this problem.

As for the technology aspect, you are right on.  I believe the tech curve is now under 18 months, so if you buy it today there is a good chance it will be obsolete in less than a year and one-half.  There will be no more tech revolutions in America, that boat has sailed, it is all coming from oversea's now.

But I still like the Foretravel and I think it is the best bet.

BCO

boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2012, 03:25:57 PM »

Being a Foretravel owner, ya know I agree. After the MCI7 20+ year experience, I find this store bought coach the answer to all my RV dreams. with the ISM500 and 4000 series Allison with the hydraulic retarder and disc brakes about as good as it could get, also at 30k lb, it is a real hot rod. only the MCI with the 8V-92 (600+HP) w/RTO910 could run a mtn at higher speed. At 71 I still think hot rod thoughts.
Sorry for the short rant.
Dave

What is the length of it overall?  Mine is 40' and comes in at a little over 36K.

BCO

wg4t50

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2012, 07:54:15 PM »

Speaking of the Foretravel IH45, my brother has a 2011 Phenix 45' with that ISX650, the crazy part, yes it has plenty torque and HP, however my ISM500 36' Foretravel will run all over him in the mtns. Simple, his is 52K lb, mine is 30K lb, If his was 10 K lighter, no contest.
Part of being a left over hot roder at 71, bro is 76. Let the fun continue.
Dave

MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
WG4T CW for over 50 wpm for ever.
Central Virginia
expressbus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2012, 06:42:21 AM »

BCO,

We had a Pomeranian one time that would bark and lunge at the windshield every time the windshield wipers came on. When they were on intermittant it was hilarious. I found myself being mischevious sometimes when the sun was shining, I turned on the wipers just to get Cosmo's reaction. I think he was a little preturbed when he realized it was not raining and I had just gotten him one more time!

Will Garner, Jr
Southern Pines, NC
1991 Prevost Conversion by Country Coach
boxcarOkie

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2012, 07:30:04 AM »

It is often kind of strange the things dog do that amaze us, isn't it?  I have a parrot and she goes with us on trips and she will sit there all content like, things are just swell until you go under an underpass on the Interstate.

Every time without fail, she will duck her head.

Cracks me up.

BCO

Oonrahnjay

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2012, 08:52:17 AM »

It is often kind of strange the things dog do that amaze us, isn't it?  I have a parrot and she goes with us on trips and she will sit there all content like, things are just swell until you go under an underpass on the Interstate.

Every time without fail, she will duck her head.

Cracks me up.    BCO 

Hahahah!   Love it!

Bruce H; Wallace (near Wilmington) NC
1976 Daimler (British) Double-Decker Bus; 34' long
6-cyl, 4-stroke, Leyland O-680 engine

(New Email -- brucebearnc@ (theGoogle gmail place) .com)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: