Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 27, 2014, 05:58:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arcadia rally  (Read 4560 times)
Bill 340

Ignore
« on: November 24, 2012, 04:45:30 PM »

Well we are gettin closed to the rally date, What we need now are those that are comming but did not reserve yet, please at least call and let us know you are coming, yes we have plenty of dry camping space so we won't run out, but we are trying to pre order food and supplies for the rally,  we know the economy is slow, but spread the word we need support for this rally or its days could be numbered. It is basicly my wife and I tying this thing together, we put every dollar PLUS back into making it better. We ask for volunteers and get very minor response, our close friends we know are always there for us, , They are our emergency back up. but  we need physical help  at the rally and in the  Begging of door prizes and  goodies for the bags,  any ideas will always be looked at, My wife and I operate 3 businesses, at the same time and the waiting till last minute  is  driving her Nuts, We have Been there since the very first Arcadia 13 years ago with Jack and Paula, and will be there till the last, you all decide when that will be,  Now dont get me wrong, the rally will be as usual this year, just trying to remind those last minute rally goers to call and update us, pay when you arrive we don't care, just a head count

Bill & Brenda Phelan
Lakeland florida..........Host of the ARCADIA RALLY
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 04:34:42 AM »

We'll be there!!  No, i haven't registered.  But i will be there, i promise.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
wg4t50

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 05:33:07 AM »

I also expect to be there, then on to Quartzsite, Az. for the Jan 19-27th.
CU @ Arcadia
Dave

MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
WG4T CW for over 50 wpm for ever.
Central Virginia
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 06:47:49 AM »

Wish we could make it not this year again lol we will be in Quartzsite for the Eagles,GM and Flx gathering sad but it looks like all the larger rallies are slowly migrating towards smaller more regional rallies because of today's economy no more Bus'n USA it's gone I hope you can keep Arcadia alive 

have fun
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 06:50:16 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
crown

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 08:43:05 AM »

bill hope you got it by now but we are coming john / lidia from costa rica

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
technomadia

Zephyr - 1961 GM PD-4106-446

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 10:43:41 AM »

We're looking forward to attending as well.. hopefully our registration reached you last week. Sorry for the last minute nature of it.. but that's just the way we roll. Smiley

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

- Cherie

Cherie and Chris / www.technomadia.com
Full-time 'Technomads' since 2006 (technology enabled nomads)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 10:49:54 AM »

I hope you can make a go of it.  I really enjoyed Bussin' 11, but I can't afford to drive from Minneapolis to Florida and back too often.  I still have many years before retirement so I can only be gone for 10 days or so when I do make the trip.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Bill 340

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 04:11:29 PM »

yes we recieved those reservations thank you,  And yes we are Bus People we will make it, its just we need help advertising to all your friends, just to remind them if anything,  Drive ups always welcome, just trying to keep the caterers on their toes,  Bill

Bill & Brenda Phelan
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 05:53:03 PM »

Listen here, those who might be thought of as being regulars in Arcadia:

Get onto the communication device of your choice and let Bill and Brenda know you are either on your way, or not, to Arcadia for New Year's!!!

It's the devil estimating food when you aren't sure who is or isn't coming, and that drives up the expenses unnecessarily when we aren't there to eat it and pay for it.

If we all share a good time together over the years in Arcadia, then we also all share in a responsibility to help the organizers to keep the costs under control so that the opportunity to get together continues into the future, no matter how big or small the rally may be due to all of our other commitments or economics.

And, if you need 'em, perhaps speak with them about windshield covers for your coach while you there?

After two years straight, I need to make the 'rounds of family feasts over the holidays this year.

Best wishes for the 2013 episode!

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
crown

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 06:01:45 PM »

buswarrior gona miss ya was going to bring up some costa rica beer for you have fun with your family
 and merry chrismas & happy new year  hope to catch up with you down the road john / lidia

john
 57 crown
 costa rica
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 04:30:55 AM »

BW so does this mean NO internet visual to the schmucks that dont get there?
Im bummed already!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
PCC

Serving Those Who Have Served

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2012, 11:32:20 AM »

If you are asking us to all recommit to being there, it is my intent to be present at the event, plus I now have two other stops in Florida that have also offered to put up with me.

So count me in, unless a veteran calls and needs to go somewhere, though times are getting tight to accept trips, for now.

Thank you.

For some, patience is a virtue.
Dealing with me, it is required.
Thank God - He is always patient.
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2012, 03:56:11 PM »

My bus will be there, I won't.

Believe my brother is going to drive my bus down on 29Dec.  Trying to find out if he is staying for the day or over night.
Will let you know, as soon as I know.

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2012, 06:10:08 PM »

Ace, you have just as much experience as I do at the Wonderful World of Busnut Online Livestream Internet Transmissions.

Are you interested in a promotion to chief correspondent from best boy?

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
Bill 340

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2012, 07:07:27 PM »

OK thanks for all the calls, we new you were out there somewhere, we have the following STILL AVAILABLE,  11 full hook up sites,  5 handicapped full hook up also  10 water and 20amp elec only, also 2 handicapped water  and 20 amp elec, really guys that's not many,  NOW dry camping sites are endless  lots of space within our rally grounds. sorry for the constant post but this board is the only way to reach some of you,  thanks again,  Bill

Bill & Brenda Phelan
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: