Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 12:58:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Once a MAKhead...  (Read 1945 times)
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« on: April 21, 2006, 06:43:35 AM »

Hey guys, Once a MAK head, always a MAK head.  I sold my bus yesterday, I'm kind of depressed about it, but hey, it's only stuff.  I'm burning my ships because I am moving to Baltimore, MD with my job.  Exciting opportunity, but requires some sacrifices.  I sold my house, not a big deal.  I left my church, pretty hard, but not a BIG deal.  I said goodbye to my family and friends, handled it OK.  I sold my bus and nearly broke down completely. 

I want to thank all of you for your help and advice for a plebe.  But, I will give the new owner the site link and open his mind to the world of bussin'. 

One day I will own another bus, but I have to get settled somewhere.  I just hope my next one is as good as my first one was.  I know ya'll will be here if I need ya, though!

So long for now, I'll keep my eyes on the board because I just cannot help it.  I have a feeling that I'm not the only one who reads the posts who no longer owns a bus.  So, this is the last time I will sign off with...

Jimmy D. Collins
GMC PD 4107-1188

Somebody else has her now... Cry

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
Dallas

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2006, 08:14:22 AM »

Via Con Dios, Compadre!
It's not goodbye, it's just the opening pages of a new chapter.
There will always be a spot for you waiting.
Dallas
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 08:27:42 AM »

Jimmy,

You can take the bus away from the man, But you can't take the man away from the bus!

Cheer up Jimmy, it's in your blood.

This will only be a temporary Thing, you never know god may lead you to a New Prevost or a new MCI!!! Shocked

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Rich (Prevost)

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 08:33:04 AM »

Good luck Jimmy................................We'll say a prayer for you. The Chesapeake Bay Blue Crabs are amazing. We actually used to go to a place called Jimmy's Crab Shack outside of DC. Good stuff.....

Rich
800-468-5287
Ace

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2006, 09:38:02 AM »

Rich was that place actually in Bethesda, Md.? If so, I knew the owner really well and I used to go there every day after work! To be honest, they never really got thier crabs from the Eastern shore of Md, but they had them flown in by plane to Wash International, a short trip away, from Louisiana... EVERY DAY!   Smiley

Ace
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2006, 09:58:15 AM »

I sold my bus and nearly broke down completely.
I don't get depressed much, (goodness knows I could if I dwelt on it) but the one time in the last many years I have been really bummed was when I thought I'd have to give up the financially imprudent world of bussin'. I've since rationalized it though! Smiley

All the best to you in your new endeavors, Jimmy.
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2006, 06:35:37 PM »

Godd luck on your move Jimmy

We all know you wont be able to stay away from this bus thing for long!

If we could only get it classified as a real addiction there might be a tax break for buying parts.

Ahhhh!, nothing like a box of sweet Shocked NOS parts arriving by the UPS man...† Help meeeeeeeeee!!!!!!! Tongue

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2006, 07:35:36 PM »

Good luck, Jimmy.

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
gecole

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2006, 11:04:33 PM »

Jimmy you have your experience which is priceless and that means your next bus experiece will be even more fun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: