Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 24, 2014, 01:24:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Battery question again...  (Read 1031 times)
Ace

« on: November 15, 2006, 06:10:54 AM »

Can 6 golf cart batteries that have been sitting for a while in a golf cart come back to life? I put the charger on them but nothing happens and that's after two days. No amp reading on the charging gauge. I switched outlets to make sure it (the charger) was getting power. I checked all the connections to the golf cart and they are good.  I added water to the battieries. I put a load test on each battery and they all showed very low. I would think that after two days something would go up a little bit but nothing at all. Are these just dead dead and need replacing or am I doing something wrong?

Ace
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 06:19:49 AM »

Hi Ace
  I think jerry Leiber on the board  makes up de sulfators that I have personally used to bring batteries back to life. I'm sure where you live they didn't get frozen. (the only ones I have never brought back)  It also is not a quick process sometimes takes a month. But seem to last for a long time after that process.  Paul

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
Dallas

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 06:53:13 AM »

Hey Ace---

Are you sure the charger is working?

Another thought, and I know I'll catch a whole poop pile for saying it, but have you thought of trying EDTA?

I've brought back batteries that were so sulfated that they wouldn't show a charge.

I've even used it in the batteries in my bus which are between 7 and 8 years old and have been in 2 semi's and 1 other bus.

Here is some information at Home Power Magazine:

http://www.homepower.com/search/search_result.cfm?search=EDTA&CFID=403866&CFTOKEN=f52e65507e7ac18f-EC155F6A-2B3A-CE71-B02D8E26E0832D55&jsessionid=8630e52b7bf27b2b6927

It costs about $16/lb plus shipping, but that is enough to do a whole bunch of batteries!

IHTH

Dallas
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 07:30:29 AM »

I once had an almost new battery that got totally flattened by an electrical fault, and wouldn't accept a charge despite being connected to a charger (4 amp-ish) for several days. Thinking the battery itself was faulty, I took it back to the shop from which it had been recently bought. They connected it to their high-output charger, and again nothing happened. They suggested leaving it on the charger overnight 'on the offchance', and the next day it was charging normally - evidentally the current from the powerful charger had eventually kicked the battery back into life, and it was fine ever since - but I'm sure my small domestic charger would never have managed it.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: