Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 02:29:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: diesel fuel additives worth the money ?  (Read 2210 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2012, 07:04:34 AM »

We get off on different engines and fuel but the guy was asking about a 2 stroke he is wasting his money, for years till it became harder to come by number 1 diesel fuel (kerosene)was the preferred fuel for the 2 stroke long before the ULSD fuel it was never a problem heck some even ran on methanol.

I don't know about Canada but here in the states ASTM D975 takes care of the lubricity lacking in ULSD the suppliers add the lubricity additives to the fuel and it exceeds the lubricity of the old high sulfur diesel fuel of the past

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2012, 07:47:00 AM »

luvrbus, the fuel here, as far as lubricity is concerned, is in similar condition as there.

Lubricity is dealt with by the fuel companies during the refining process long before any of us see it.

With the courts the way they are, you figure that if there was a problem with the fuel, that the various manufacturers of engines and related parts, and the customers who bought those units, wouldn't be litigating up a storm?

Never mind dumb consumers like us, the biggest truck fleets would be all over this, and they aren't.

Only place I've seen fuel lubricity called into question is in relation to the fuel additive industry, and they slyly refer to the condition of the fuel in the middle of the process, before it has been completed.

Much like trying out your mother's favorite recipe, and eating it before putting it in the oven?

Now, winter time fuel gelling is real, as it always has been, and needs some help, but even that topic gets whooped way up, and way too many folks over dose their system with anti-gel at temperatures warmer than it is required.

Busnuts, sin as you want, but be careful which false prophets you follow...

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »

Gelling not a problem here in AZ lol gelling is from the wax in the fuel not sulfur anything that devolves the wax will work for anti gel some things better than other I get this outfit from Canada calling me all the time to try and get me to sell their products, have you ever heard of Guardex BW 

I checked their product out it was nothing more than wood alcohol for the most part

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Kitt

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2012, 08:20:58 AM »

I ran across a post on The Diesel Stop about different additives and tests that were commissioned to see which one(s) increased or decreased wear, and I thought it was very interesting.

I've only taken the information at face value, though I'm happy with B10 (10% biodiesel) given its improved lubrication characteristics.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f33/what-add-fuel-lubrication-256769/#post1897007

1977 Eagle model 05
8v71, Allison HT740D
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: