Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 05:26:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiser’s website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need Another DeLorme GPS/USB antenna  (Read 2334 times)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2006, 06:55:49 PM »

Newbee, NC Bob also had cat surgery, and is doing fine.  He and Jackie are likely headed for Florda as we speak...Cliff may have more infor on said trip?  Either way,  Bob's DSL has been DC'd so he is out of pocket at this time.  Jackie is doing well also.   They are planning doing Arcardia.   
Regarding my headliner...it's a heavy plywood panel with vinyl on it.   Ain't no velcro gonna hold that thing.  We still have to install the rest of the headliner.  I've decided to attach a plywood base and glue the Ozite up to it.   Wanted to have it removeable, but...don't see any way.  Not and keep the ceiling smooth. 
Craig, what was the shortcut to the DeLorme stuff on the GPSnow site?  All I found was Garmin and MS Street ??.   I must have missed the DeLorme section...nothing new there!
Since I want to hide the unit, battery  powered BT won't be an option.  I'm gonna just try it with the unit on the dash.  If it works good.  I'm gonna install the horns tomorrow probalby and forget the "upstairs" antenna.   
Hell, I'll duct tape it to a mirror if I have to.    Not permanently of course. 
The only long triop planned now is Arcadia, and I can find that without any "aids"...just like these sort of toyz. 
Thanks for all hte info, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 04:53:44 AM »

Hmmm, yeah,  I don't see Delorme there now, other than topo mapping software and map books. I was sure they had other Delorme stuff.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 07:46:44 AM »

Hey Newbee & JR,

NCBob should be arriving at my place on Tuesday afternoon.

He's driving so the surgery must have worked out OK..... Tongue Roll Eyes

Cliff

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
NewbeeMC9
NewbeeMC9

1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 08:12:21 PM »

Thanks for the update Cliff, hope they're back at it and all is well!

It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. Wink
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 08:43:04 PM »

Poor old NCBob must be having some bad karma.   He's going down in the worst weather we've had all fall!   I may just follow him down.  It's cold and raining up here.   I"d rather be in florida.... Embarrassed
However, did get a lot of work done inside the bus today.  It's warm in there.
Cliff, post us'ns something when they arrive.   We may have to go help'em somewhere?   
Hope all goes well.  JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: