Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 21, 2014, 08:27:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a holding tank source  (Read 1251 times)
Midwilshire

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2012, 07:58:50 PM »

Two questions for the board:

1.  Can anyone recommend a reputable source for a 100 gal. plastic holding tank -- preferably near Tampa (to save shipping)?

2.  Any recommendations for ordering spin-welded fittings as part of the package? 

After my plywood-and-resin tank attempt and failure, I'm not going chance the home-brew method anymore on these tanks.  Need to hire this one done.  I know I could turn to google, but if someone here has experience with a vendor, I'd rather get the straight scoop.

Thanks. 

Mike

Michael & Gigi
1978 MCI-5C "Silverliner"
Full-timers in the DC area
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 03:10:22 AM »

Chemical container is the best located in Lake Wales Fl
Just a short drive from Tampa!

There's also Dura-cast just around the corner from CC but their prices have gone way up and they dont stock too many tanks meaning they will make what you want at an added price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
scanzel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 03:15:01 AM »

Check with Marina's in your area, I would think they need tanks at times for repairs or retro fits.

Steve Canzellarini
Berlin, CT
1989 Prevost XL
Iceni John

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 12:39:02 PM »

2.  Any recommendations for ordering spin-welded fittings as part of the package?  

Ronco used fittings from this company for my four tanks:  http://www.bunnweb.org/spinwelding.com/page2.htm
If you have a choice, use the Heavy-Duty female fittings  -  they stretch less when you put valves and whatnots into them.   If space is limited you can use the Flush fittings, but some Valterra threaded flanges may end up too close to the tank with them.

Don't ignore Uniseals: http://www.toppindustries.com/products/Uniseals.html   They can be a useful alternative for top-mounted slip-feeds.

John
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:50:14 PM by Iceni John » Logged

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 04:37:49 PM »

This who I used:

http://www.ameri-kart.com/

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
Midwilshire

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 05:29:25 PM »

Thanks for the sources and suggestions!! 

Michael & Gigi
1978 MCI-5C "Silverliner"
Full-timers in the DC area
Seangie
www.herdofturtles.org

And We're Off... Like a Herd of Turtles

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 05:39:35 PM »

Mike,

I got my 3 tanks from Ronco.  I ordered (2) 115 gallons marine tanks and a specific shaped 35 gallon black tank.  The total cost for me with shipping was under 1k.

I searched high an low and checked with local vendors as well but in the end Ronco (iIMHO) had the best selection and quality tanks for the buck. Linda hinted to me when I ordered that if I had a "business" account they would be 1/2 the listed price.  Great service and I think there are others who have had the same experience.  There are other cheaper ways to build tanks, make any container into a tank with spin welded fittings...but I just wanted to get it done.  Bought the tanks they fit perfect and what I didn't save in $$ I saved in time and peace of mind.

Good luck.  Let us know what you find.

-Sean
www.herdofturtles.org

'Cause you know we,
we live in a van (Eagle 10 Suburban)
Driving through the night
To that old promised land'
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 06:09:42 PM »

you can browse around this place.....they have many varieties. I purchased a water tank for water injection reservoir on my pickup a couple of years ago, and they had a nice product.

http://www.usplastic.com/

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
PCC

Serving Those Who Have Served

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 07:19:48 AM »

Outside the box - I am using "Aquatank 2" tanks, and they are wonderful. They fit almost anywhere, and have worked very well since I got them.

Search AQUATANK 2, and ask Bob the questions. Serving Project bus uses them for both fresh and waste (not the same tank !).

For some, patience is a virtue.
Dealing with me, it is required.
Thank God - He is always patient.
challenger440

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 01:02:35 PM »

Ronco tanks for me as well.  Good service and good price.  Just ask price when you call.  John M.

John M.
Helena, Mt
MC7  "under construction"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: