Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 05:52:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fixin to make someone's job miserable...  (Read 4413 times)
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2006, 04:10:04 PM »

More poetic justice:

About 20 years ago I lived in west Texas.  A friend of mine was an independent truck driver.  He typically parked his rig on the street in front of his house. The street was wide for a residential street and had plenty of room for 2 cars to pass on it even with his truck so there wasn't a safety issue.  But his next door neighbor didn't like having a big truck parked on their street, especially next door, so they complained to the city.  It turned out that there was a city ordinance that prohibited overnight parking of a comercial vehicle on the street in a residential neighborhood.  So the trouble, and the poetic justice began:

My friend was cited, fined and paid the fine.  Then he got a permit to lay in a drive way down the side of his house.  The side of his house that was adjacent to the bedroom end of the complaining neighbor's house.  Then he parked his truck in his driveway, 15 feet from their master bedroom window.  Every morning at 4am they got a diesel engine wake up call as he started and warmed up his rig.  They complained to the city but were told there was no ordinance against him parking it in his own driveway or starting it up to go to work.
wvanative

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2006, 04:36:42 PM »

As satisfying and as funny as that will be, I think JImH said it accurately.  What will be the end result?  You will have some revenge, but the city people if they weren't aggravated with you before, will be like a nest of hornets after.

Yeah, I'm considering that. I think we're heading back to the whole idea of building a new home and shop on some land we own in the neighboring city. We were heading that way last year (hence the backhoe), but decided to put it off in favor of traveling with the kids while they are still at home. I think this is pushing me back that way. I'll probaby do what I can to just get by here and push a few buttons and then move out and tell them all to go do you know what to themselves.

I think I heard about the guy in FL. Seems to me he took some 55 gallon drums and stacked them on his roof in the shape of a middle finger.

Anybody know a way to color your grass purple? I experimented with selective application of fertilizer a couple years ago. It was pretty cool. I might think about doing some irritating, though perfectly legal and non-offensive, lawn grooming.

Grumpy,

I though you might want to do something like this as a way to let your neighbor know how you feel about her.

Wvanative
Dean

Dean Hamilton Villa Grove, IL East Central IL. Near Champaign
Still Dreaming and planning
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2006, 04:43:16 PM »

I like it!!  Cheesy Cheesy

I was considering some topiary hedge, but the only thing coming to my anger clouded mind were not appropriate. But this one it interesting!

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2006, 06:30:39 PM »

Would you be able to obtain the persons name under the freedom of information act?

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2006, 07:18:39 PM »

I remember why I live in the country when I read a thread like this. Yes, it's 40 miles to a store, gas, diesel, bread or toilet paper. When the wind comes around to northeast, we have tide across the roads.  If we have a bad storm, we may not have electricity for a week. (The last itme that happened, I called the electric company for an estimated time for repair. This is an exact quote,"You live WHERE? ? ? You're d*mn lucky to have electircity in the GOOD times! DON'T CALL HERE NO MORE!!!!")  If you have a heart attack down here, you are going to die before you get to the hospital. BUT WE AINT GOT NO CODE ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, AND NO CITY OFFICIALS, AND DANG LITTLE LAW ENFORCEMENT! Grin Grin Grin Grin

We pretty much settle own own disagreements, according the who is carring the most firepower  Angry at the time

Grin Grin Grin   I LOVE THE COUNTRY    Grin Grin Grin

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2006, 07:23:48 PM »

Nope. State law prohibits them from releasing it, and from what she told me, they don't even ask or collect the name. However, the story has changed some since the first complaint, when she indicated she knew who the individual was when I was trying to guess the identity.

And oldmansax, you know exactly how I feel about this. You just described my life growing up. Now I'm married, have a family and a job which allows me to pursue the things I really enjoy that keep me from going postal on some pissant neighbor.

Counting the days (years) till the kids are out of college and I can move the hell out of this hole!

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
niles500
Niles500

ROSIE

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2006, 07:32:44 PM »

AKBUSGUY - ROFLMAO

Seriously, having owned considerable property I have had to deal w/ Code Enforcement in many jurisdictions - A lot of it having to do with vacant property or property under develpment - I always attempt to "hire" neighboring owners to "manage" or "maintain" the property - I can usually bargain with them and come to an understanding - recently the only abutting neighbor to a piece of vacant commercial lot I had moved (we always had an agreement he would call ME if he had any problems and give me a chance to work them out - he also had my permission to spend my money for any maintenance without prior authorization up to a certain $$$$ amount) and the new owner called Code Enforcement about 'overgrown conditions' - I went out introduced myself and told them I don't 'mow' properties, that I either let them go natural or bring in a bull dozer and level everything on the property once a year - Considering that the couple hundred plus feet of vegetation was shielding them from US HWY 301 and all the traffic noise they independently decided that the 'overgrown condition' was not the problem they first considered and called Code Enforcement on their own asking them if I could leave things as they are. A little communication is usually all it takes, but its nice to know that there are people like AK's buddy who have the kind of sense of humor to do something that allows people to rethink the magnitude of the problem they are seeking to eliminate in contrast to the possible solutions. (I'm still laughing - can't stop)

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles
mc8 tin tent

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2006, 09:01:43 PM »

Just a sugestion,for now,! jump through their hoops. correct the code problems.Get to know the code enforcement people(office mgr.,sect.,to the officer in your area...   Cool......NOW  WITH THAT DONE ... (usually by this time the caller name will and address will surface) AND WITH THAT TID BIT OF INFO ...RUN AN ADD IN THE LOCAL YARD SALE EARLY BIRDS WELCOME!!,  WAIT A WK. NOW RUN AN ADD  FOR A LOST PET $200.00 REWARD CALL AFTER 9.00PM .. YOU GET THE IDEA!!!!JUST REMEMBER ALWAYS PAY IN CASH AN YOU PLACE THE ADD FOR YOUR  i LL AUNT.  NOW GO ABOUT YOUR WAY AND SMILE,SMILE,SMILE    good luck!     
  PS this does work   I havent had any problems for about three yrs.!!!
 Dwayne
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: