Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 10:00:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MC9 lights  (Read 858 times)
berrybus

Ignore
« on: December 17, 2012, 03:54:05 PM »

On my MC9, I have red lights above the rear axle.   I am having trouble getting them to work.  Are these lights turning signals or just marker lights?  The lights located at the front axle are turning signal lights and this is why I thought maybe the rear ones may function as turn signals also.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Jim

"No man is a bus."
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 03:59:47 PM »

These lights on my 1984 9 are set up as turn signal lamps. I replaced the entire set up with much brighter blubs to make drivers more aware of my intentions.  These lights seem very important and I would hesitate to drive the bus until they are working just right.

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
berrybus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 05:09:54 PM »

Thanks Grant! My MC9 is an 85.  Appreciate your quick comment

Jim

"No man is a bus."
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 07:44:36 PM »

Yep, my '82 MC9 has turn signals there. The problem I usually find with the lights on mine is just a little corrosion in the socket or  the soft metal contacts on the bulb base have worn down. A new bulb from NAPA usually fixes the problem. Where are you in KY?
Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
fredcliff
Cliff Maus

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 11:15:56 AM »

Mine is a 84 and those light on mine are turn signals that I will be replace to a bright light soon
Bill B /bus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 02:14:01 PM »

LED's are the way to go. Much brighter and the units don't die all at once. Just one element at a time. I have yet to change out the turn signals. A project for warmer climes this winter.

I do drive with all the lights on. Makes me feel better as I've done all I can to make the bus visible.

Bill

Bill & Lynn
MCI102A3, Series 50 w/HT70
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: