Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 02:47:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update on block heater for 6V92  (Read 2204 times)
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 05:31:52 PM »

Clifford,
Don't send it yet. Let me check the one I have. I'll let you know.

I can get more crab cakes but any I get right now will be made with frozen crab meat & not fresh. Most locals can tell the difference but I'll have to say the guy we got yours from uses the best of the best meat. He buys it fresh from another one of my customers. I been trying to get them to sell online but they say it's too much trouble and they don't want to fool with it. We have to figure out how to ship them to you still frozen.  You ought to make a trip across here sometime during the season. There's enough good seafood places  to keep you stuffed for a month. I might talk my Pastor's wife into making some homemade crab cakes fresh.

Good eatin' !!!

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
GreyEagle

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »

Hum, I started out reading about the block heaters trying to learn something...... ended up just wanting some crab cakes and no place to get them...
good luck on the block heater.

GreyEagle
U.S.Army
E-8 MSG
RETIRED
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2012, 03:50:55 PM »

We have to figure out how to ship them to you still frozen. 

Tom -

Simple:  Dry Ice and FedEx!

Grin

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 Now
Fresno CA
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2012, 04:28:13 AM »

Hum, I started out reading about the block heaters trying to learn something...... ended up just wanting some crab cakes and no place to get them...
good luck on the block heater.

Yeah, sorry! we are way off topic here but Clifford is fixated on crab cakes. LOL! Maybe I should look into selling them online myself.

Tom -

Simple:  Dry Ice and FedEx!

Grin

I thought about that but haven't looked into it. The people involved are purists & wouldn't think of shipping cakes somewhere. Their mindset is more "I ain't eatin' them! & I ain't selling them! Durn thangs is TWO DAYS OLD!!!!!"  You know how the old timers were. I had an elderly lady  customer that would give me a half dozen  frozen crab cakes & a container of frozen cucumbers & onions (now, THAT'S good eatin'!! ) every time I came to her house. She would always say something like "These ain't much 'cause they's frozen but maybe they'll hold ya' 'til I kin git ya' somethin' some 'count to eat"
 Grin Grin Grin Grin

TOM

Delaware

Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2012, 06:08:14 AM »

So when is crab cake season? Smiley

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2012, 07:08:24 PM »

So when is crab cake season? Smiley

That depends on when the crabs come out of the mud but usually the water warms up enough sometime end of April - beginning of May for us to see some crabs. Really don't start getting any good meat til June.

TOM

Delaware

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: