Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 10:51:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spray foam insulation?  (Read 2038 times)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 06:21:55 AM »

If it squeaks, then you have something loose or not installed tight enough. Craft paper in between insulation and plywood helps (course if the conversion is done-SOL). One of the reasons my conversion took so long to do was I have the ability to easily take virtually everything apart since it is screwed together. If something squeaks on my bus, it is taken care of immediately-it drives me crazy. But-as previously stated-the spray foam isn't one of the things that squeaks. My main squeaker is the toaster oven-we put a clean rag in to cushion the shelves. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 06:25:15 AM »

One other comment I have would be to plastic/paper everything. What happens if you want to re skin your bus? Since Star Junk skinned ours, we have been talking about redoing it. Problem is, we have spray foam in there. How are we going to pull it off?

Next bus (there won't be another one, I can tell you) we will plastic or paper between the foam and the skin.

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: