Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 11:25:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 24 volt halogen bulbs  (Read 787 times)
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2006, 12:38:50 PM »

I just found a place in New Hampshire that stocks 24 halogen bulbs.  They have them in the MR16 style which are the ones that look like small headlamps about 1 3/4 across.  I rewired a some  of my fixtures to take these bulbs.  I was originally gong to use 12 volt, just in series pairs, but this source was a good find. Perhaps someone else can use it too.  I have no interest in this company. 

I am using these for some interior lighting, in addition to fluorescent and some LED's

http://www.harringtonlights.com/Glass/mr16_24v_lamps.htm

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:35:35 PM »

Great!!!!! Thanx Jim!!!

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 01:40:46 PM »

Be careful where you install these bulbs. Some of them run extremely hot. Hot enough that a door opened so that the top of the door is directly below the overhead light, it can set the door on fire. I once say a 125 ft yacht burned to the waterline because of this.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: