Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 20, 2014, 06:24:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 24 volt halogen bulbs  (Read 816 times)
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« on: November 16, 2006, 12:38:50 PM »

I just found a place in New Hampshire that stocks 24 halogen bulbs.  They have them in the MR16 style which are the ones that look like small headlamps about 1 3/4 across.  I rewired a some  of my fixtures to take these bulbs.  I was originally gong to use 12 volt, just in series pairs, but this source was a good find. Perhaps someone else can use it too.  I have no interest in this company. 

I am using these for some interior lighting, in addition to fluorescent and some LED's

http://www.harringtonlights.com/Glass/mr16_24v_lamps.htm

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
Chaz

4108, 8V71 w/auto .

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 01:35:35 PM »

Great!!!!! Thanx Jim!!!

Chaz

Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 01:40:46 PM »

Be careful where you install these bulbs. Some of them run extremely hot. Hot enough that a door opened so that the top of the door is directly below the overhead light, it can set the door on fire. I once say a 125 ft yacht burned to the waterline because of this.
Richard

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: