Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 02, 2014, 09:26:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you guys organize your bus parts?  (Read 974 times)
belfert

Ignore
« on: December 30, 2012, 12:47:40 PM »

I have quite a few tubs of bus stuff in my garage.  I can never find anything because the tubs are full and whatever I need is usually on the bottom.  I have attached a photo of my garage after I cleaned it up last month.

How do you guys organize your bus parts?  I have a fair number of unique parts for my Dina I might never be able to replace if I got rid of them.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Eagle Andy
Cowboy Coach

1968 Silver Eagle # 7481

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 12:56:48 PM »

I can't tellfrom the picture, on my stuff either the Bus or the 51 I write a parts list on the front and clear tape over it. Buti don'thave nearly as many parts as some. just my thoughts

1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 01:20:58 PM »

There are no labels on the tubs other than some of them have a P-Touch label that says bus parts.  To be clear, only maybe 6 to 8 of those tubs have bus parts/stuff in them.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 02:03:24 PM by belfert » Logged

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
somewhereinusa

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 01:39:44 PM »

My plan is quite simple, if I'm looking for something that I positively KNOW that I have, I start doing something else. While I'm looking for the parts for that project I usually come across the parts for the first project, sometimes a month later.  I can then put them in a place that I can positively remember (not) where they are. I can keep at least 5 projects going this way. Roll Eyes If I only THINK I have it, I usually go buy another one, This way I'll have a spare, maybe.
Last summer I found some really cool gallon ice cream containers that make perfect storage containers. I'm still not all that organized, but I got to eat a lot of ice cream Smiley
Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 03:50:57 PM »

Makes perfect sense to me!
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2012, 07:07:56 PM »

Brian -

Try grouping all your smaller parts together based on their grouping in the Parts Book.  A tub for each group should handle most of your parts, be sure to label the tubs accordingly, and then store/stack in order.

Store/stack the larger parts the same way, sequentially by Parts Book group.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2012, 07:13:51 PM »

My parts, bus and otherwise, are scattered all over my shop, some in the bus, some in or under other buildings, and I just go by memory. Works pretty good. Funny however how I won't remember what my wife said to me 10 minutes ago, LOL.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 10:13:49 AM »

My parts, bus and otherwise, are scattered all over my shop, some in the bus, some in or under other buildings, and I just go by memory. Works pretty good. Funny however how I won't remember what my wife said to me 10 minutes ago, LOL.

JC

I'm like JC (except it's other people in general, not a wife). However my problem is when other people "clean up" after me and "organize them their way. (then none of us can find them!)

But you can rest assured and even ask my dad if I was the last one to have it, I can get you right to where it is. (or close enough you'll find it!)
Grin  BK  Grin
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2012, 10:45:37 AM »

Nk, thats not what your dad said last time I was there. LOL  have a happy new year.

Don
B_K

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2012, 11:39:23 AM »

Nk, thats not what your dad said last time I was there. LOL  have a happy new year.

Don

Don I'm sure you meant "BK" not "NK"!
And the only time I CAN'T direct him to a part is if HE had it last!
Grin  BK  Grin

And HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and YOURS too!
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2012, 11:44:52 AM »

I am with JC I know it is there just a matter of finding it lol

Life is short drink the good wine first
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2012, 12:05:57 PM »

Oh you fellas are a riot lol Grin Grin I once stashed a set of heads in the bedroom so's I wouldn't lose em' Grin Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: