Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 12:24:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Peninsula Glass  (Read 1425 times)
Timkar

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2013, 05:14:04 PM »

Contacted Peninsula Glass today about some "weep hole covers" that had fallen off of the windows over the years.
Jeff at Peninsula Glass is sending me new ones to replace mine and there is no charge.
Really surprised me and just wanted to let everyone know about the excellent customer service... Smiley Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:15:27 PM by Timkar » Logged

Cawston, British Columbia
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 06:29:03 PM »

Jeff and the team have been awesome when I have traveled to their facility. Even got the tour and a quick turn around. Love the quality!

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 07:51:58 PM »

Jeff has always seemed like he was in a hurry to get me off the phone on the couple of times I have called in the last few years.

I need to send a window in for repair (my fault), but the cost to ship the window has kept me from sending it in yet.  The shipping cost round trip will be as much or more than the repair cost.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 08:14:16 AM »

If it costs to much to ship, have a new one made.

Penn glass made the glass for my AMGeneral transit. Could only use single pane, but did have a model that fit into the original cutouts-albeit the windows are screwed from the outside with no vanity ring inside. Also had the smaller quarter windows and drivers window replaced. Lightly tinted, but have worked well. The best part is the windows don't rattle and the bus is so tight, if I don't have one of the roof vents open, your ears will pop when the door is closed.

On my truck, had square corned dual pane made. They are so tall, had the slider only on the bottom half. I received the windows in a big, custom made wood crate. All windows were carefully wrapped and arrived in one piece. Nice to have a custom window manufacturer on the west coast. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 08:22:08 AM »

Have Pennensula windows in the 5C. Nice windows. Except the screens are cheap and flimsy. They fall out easily.

Jc

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 08:24:02 AM »

If it costs to much to ship, have a new one made.

It is still cheaper to have the window repaired.  Jeff estimated the repair costs at between $250 and $300.  The shipping costs for the round trip would be around $250.  A new window would cost about the same as repairs plus shipping, but I would have to pay for shipping the new window to me which would push the cost above the repair cost.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 09:13:54 AM »

Brian,

What is wrong with your window? If it is just a broken glass, a local glass company could probably make one for you.

Good luck, Sam

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2013, 01:24:20 PM »

I hit the gutter on the end of my house.  It hit right where the glass and frame meet.  The rubber gasket at the edge of the glass is destroyed.  I originally thought the frame was bent, but upon further inspection it appears the frame might not be bent.  The glass is not broken.  After realizing the frame may not be bent I called Jeff to see if a local glass place could repair it.  He said I would still need to send it to him for repair.

I should have it looked at locally before spending the money to ship it 2,000+ miles.  Would an auto glass place be able to deal with this?

Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2013, 03:10:47 PM »

Brian,

Yes, I think an auto glass shop or a shop that makes commercial windows could do the repair. Could you post a close-up picture of the damage? I could better determine if that damage can be repaired locally. If the rubber is just torn, maybe it could be glued back in with some butyl caulk with the window in place. If the frame has to be disassembled and the whole rubber replaced, the whole window will have to be removed from the bus. In either case, I'm guessing that a local shop could repair it. Worth a try at least.

Good luck, Sam

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
bebackbus

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2013, 06:01:57 PM »

Contacted Peninsula Glass today about some "weep hole covers" that had fallen off of the windows over the years.
Jeff at Peninsula Glass is sending me new ones to replace mine and there is no charge.
Really surprised me and just wanted to let everyone know about the excellent customer service... Smiley Smiley Smiley

We were in Arkansas when the rear window exploded.  We don't know if it was vandals or something else.  We called Penisula glass and told them our problem.  They sent us a new window and paid the shipping.  Best company ever
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »

The damage is covered by some aluminum tape because it was leaking water.  I don't really want to remove the tape during the winter to take a picture.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: