Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 01, 2014, 06:15:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Prevost and 8v92 question  (Read 3275 times)
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2013, 11:10:33 AM »

Well finally found time to replace t-stats and we think we found the heating problem! Apparently when I purchased a 6 month old take out radiator that was in a wrecked coach identical to mine, the seller had for whatever reason stuffed a red shop rag in the inlet, then wrapped it in Saran Wrap! My guess is during shipment, the rag got inside the radiator out of view and for almost two years, I've been fighting a running hot problem! Tried everything but t-stats until now and this is what we found! Also found rag wrapped around shaft of water pump  which is also being replaced! Glad I had a new spare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
muldoonman
1991 Prevost 8V92TA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2013, 02:04:54 PM »

Congrats on finding the problem. You never know what you might find. Took my coach in for wheel seal job to Houston a couple months ago and coming back started overheating at anything over 55 MPH. Buzzer and lights came on the dash. Thought it was brakes or bearings too tight.  Eased it on home and Justin Griffith (The Young  Bus Guru) came down for another problem before I could get it back to Prevost and noticed the valve that adjusts tension on drive belt was almost shut. Opened it back up.  Belt that drives fan was just sliding on pulleys. Didn't make any noise or look that lose. Wouldn't heat up until you started moving good. Never Know. Don't know how in the heck valve got turned because you would have to reach way up to twist it shut.  Ain't easy and you have to know where it's at. Have taken 3 trips since then and pulling the Ford Super Crew Okay! Can you say ,Haunted Bus!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: