Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 06:08:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: starting problem  (Read 2311 times)
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:51:41 AM »

Glad to see the problem is resolved. Who'd thunk about that!!.  I will certainly save this tidbit of information.  We try to never let our fuel level get below 1/4 and try to always top off the tank when returning from a trip. A full tank has less space for condesation to form=less chance of algae problems. Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
gus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2006, 07:49:16 PM »

Jeremy,

To add to what Lee said, the 4104 fuel pump is a mechanical suction pump mounted at the engine so the complete supply line up to the pump is under suction, only from the pump on is it a pressure system. This is the reason it is hell if you have a leak before the pump!! I think the pump pressure is around 35 psi but don't hold me to that number.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Dallas

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 07:58:19 PM »

Jeremy,

To add to what Lee said, the 4104 fuel pump is a mechanical suction pump mounted at the engine so the complete supply line up to the pump is under suction, only from the pump on is it a pressure system. This is the reason it is hell if you have a leak before the pump!! I think the pump pressure is around 35 psi but don't hold me to that number.

Jeremy,

Look at some of the Bedford engines. Those are pretty much a DD engine, just rebadged. That is NOT to say that they are a 53, 71 or 92 series for you purists. Bedford was bought out by DD a longtime ago.

Another way to look at it is to look at a Jag XK injection pump.... it was mechanical and didn't self prime either.

Dallas
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: