Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 19, 2014, 12:35:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: House Batteries  (Read 812 times)
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2013, 09:12:51 AM »

W hat is a good size to use for House batteries?  Our bus is all electric and we use very little 12 power.

Thanks

Dave Siegel

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 09:20:27 AM »

A little more info would be nice-yes you are all electric. Does that mean you're at the power pole all the time? Or do you run a generator alot? Do you dry camp (no power pole)? Do you want to run your 120vac on batteries at times without the genset?

Sean has something like 8-8D AGM batteries with a 4,000 watt inverter to be able to run without genset for 24 hours-including being able to run a roof top A/C on the inverter.

Give us a clue. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 02:38:59 PM »

We re at the pole or on a generator. The house batteries only power the 12 volt lights and the bed lift.

Dave Siegel

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
gus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 06:36:06 PM »

Dave,

I can't see that you need a house batt at all except maybe for the frig control circuit if it is LP.

Even then your starts are probably plenty of power.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Oregonconversion

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 11:44:21 PM »

Get some golf cart batteries and put 2 in series to create 12V. I only have 2 and they last a LONG time if using LED lighting and water pump only. Golf cart batteries are cheap and you can get them most anywhere. The trojan T-105 you can get for just over $100 each i believe.

1977 MC8
8V92 HT740
wg4t50

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2013, 12:43:50 AM »

Use 5  8D Gel Batteries, with a 2500 watt inverter that includes a 100 amp charger. Total electric (No LP Gas), 10 KW Power Tech, seems to work fine for me using a Samsung 24 Cu ft two door refrig with ice & water in door, yes I have spoiled myself.
LP is just too much of a hassel, including being hazordous, tunnels etc.
Dave M

MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: