Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 08:27:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4106 Exterior panels  (Read 644 times)
BUS COMMANDER
PD4106-2699

Ignore
« on: January 21, 2013, 09:47:34 AM »

Where can I get the panels to blank you windows on a 4106?

Wes Jackson
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:51:21 AM »

You get to make them,, aluminium or steel,, your choice,>>>Dan

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 10:42:11 AM »

Name??? -

Welcome to the madness!  You're going to find that the 4106 is a great coach, simple yet rugged.  What's the VIN?  PD4106-XXXX?

Also, since you're new, please take a moment to edit your profile to include a signature line - similar to mine below - with at least your first name, your home city/state, and your coach make & model.  That way we can better help you source parts and service.  No sense referring you to somebody in CA if you live in FL, right?

Speaking of parts/service, you need to write down and/or memorize this number: 1-888-262-2434.  That's the toll-free number to Luke at US Coach in NJ.  Strong supporter of the our little busnut community, he has probably forgotten more about GMC buses than all the combined knowledge on these bulletin boards.  Reasonably priced parts, ships the same day when you pay with plastic money.  Support those who support us!

Be sure to also check out the BBS over at http://wwww.busnut.com.  Not quite as much activity as there is here, but has a great archive that goes way, way back.  Oh, and there's also a gmc busnuts group on Yahoo, too: http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/gmc-busnuts/

After all that, to answer your original question, you can contact the folk at IBP in Apopka, FL.  They've been making replacement panels for GMC and others for quite awhile.  Here's their website:  http://www.ibpindustries.com/

Personally, I love the look of a 4106 as they came from the factory.  Putting front/rear caps and blanking out the windows just, for me anyway, destroys the classic design of the coach.  Quite a few folk have figured out how to do what needs to be done without blanking the windows - get creative!  Motion Windows, a division of Peninsula Glass in Vancouver, WA, can and does make replacement side windows, both fixed and with sliders, for the coach, so that's an option, too.   http://www.motionwindows.com/

Oh, and FYI, the rear window glass is now made from unobtainium, and has been for over 10 years now.  Those who have a broken one, especially the center section, have come up with several different ideas, from simply using sheet aluminum or steel or having one made from Lexan at a plastics shop, using the old glass as a mold.  The worst, IMHO, is an R&M cap - too much of a stick n staple look.

Anyway, welcome aboard and feel free to ask lots of questions, you'll get lots of help, along with some crazy banter sometimes!

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
jimsflx

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »

just talked to ibm about the 4 windows for my 06 and they said around 1200 for them. good luck jim

jim&roenie seagraves sebring fl. 4106-3083
OneLapper

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2013, 06:36:06 PM »

I'm going to find one, RJ.......... out there is a dead 4106 with a solid rear window, I just need to find it.......

OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: