Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 12:11:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inverter problems  (Read 1114 times)
eagle10

Ignore
« on: November 17, 2006, 01:59:37 PM »

I have a Heart Interface Model 20 inverter that has repair issues. Anyone know of a good repair shop near Maine or East Coast? Anyone hve a good working inverter for sale?
Ace

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 02:35:02 PM »

I paid $500 bucks for mine used and re-furbished and it still works great. i looked this up for you. You may have already seen it but it doesn't appear to be a bad price!

Ebay 9702562908

Ace
belfert

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 03:41:43 PM »

This doesn't help with the repair issues, but Sun Electronics (www.sunelec.com) sells a refurb replacement for $600.

Does anybody really fix electronics like inverters these days?  Xantrex might be able to point you to a repair shop since they bought Heart I believe.

Brian Elfert
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 04:27:38 PM »

I sent mine to     www.tekrispower.com         they are in NJ.   Took thier time getting it back to me.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 09:43:12 PM »

-For service work, we haven't much to complain about with Xantrex in Arlington, Washington. The only real trouble I've had with them was repairing a 32 volt inverter, not one of their regular items. On that one, they took quite a while, and they set the output of the charger to about twice what it was supposed to be.

Then, when the same unit quit a few years later, they said that they wouln't support it any longer, and they wouldn't budge on it.

It was a 1997 black case Heart that they repaired on warranty. Everything else that I've asked them to do, they've been fine.

They're online and their support number is (408) 987-6030.

Good luck.

Tom Caffrey
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: