Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 10:22:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inverter problems  (Read 1147 times)
eagle10

Ignore
« on: November 17, 2006, 01:59:37 PM »

I have a Heart Interface Model 20 inverter that has repair issues. Anyone know of a good repair shop near Maine or East Coast? Anyone hve a good working inverter for sale?
Ace

« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 02:35:02 PM »

I paid $500 bucks for mine used and re-furbished and it still works great. i looked this up for you. You may have already seen it but it doesn't appear to be a bad price!

Ebay 9702562908

Ace
belfert

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 03:41:43 PM »

This doesn't help with the repair issues, but Sun Electronics (www.sunelec.com) sells a refurb replacement for $600.

Does anybody really fix electronics like inverters these days?  Xantrex might be able to point you to a repair shop since they bought Heart I believe.

Brian Elfert
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 04:27:38 PM »

I sent mine to     www.tekrispower.com         they are in NJ.   Took thier time getting it back to me.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 09:43:12 PM »

-For service work, we haven't much to complain about with Xantrex in Arlington, Washington. The only real trouble I've had with them was repairing a 32 volt inverter, not one of their regular items. On that one, they took quite a while, and they set the output of the charger to about twice what it was supposed to be.

Then, when the same unit quit a few years later, they said that they wouln't support it any longer, and they wouldn't budge on it.

It was a 1997 black case Heart that they repaired on warranty. Everything else that I've asked them to do, they've been fine.

They're online and their support number is (408) 987-6030.

Good luck.

Tom Caffrey
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: