Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 19, 2014, 07:49:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12volt flouresent ballasts  (Read 651 times)
goutoe

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2013, 08:08:58 AM »

For the past year I have been trying to find 12volt ballasts, my bus was a transit bus and the P.O used the original flouresent tubes in the conversion project they are built in to the oak cabinets very nice lighting 6ft tubes, anyway I finally found the correct ballasts yesterday on line if any of you guys are trying to find them the company is northern arizona wind & sun, as far as I Know there are not many transit buss conversions out there but I thought I should post just in case. BTW 42 bucks ea. + shipping

John & Linda 1977 AM General 6V92 turbo Detroit 3 Speed allison, 40 ft.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 01:57:51 PM »

Did you try Camping World?

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
wg4t50

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 02:03:15 PM »

When I redid my MCI 24 Volt, I used both 24 VDC and 12 VDC Ballasts, got the 12 V jobs from a city bus, forgot the name of it, most likely a GM Fishbowl maybe, that was about 24 yr ago, I have CRS.  Do recall they were FREE.
Dave M

MCI7 20+ Yrs
Foretravel w/ISM500
David Anderson

South Texas in the Eagle Ford Shale area

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 07:36:35 PM »

I bought my ballast from them a few years ago.  Good service.  They are still working.

David
pvcces

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 10:39:00 PM »

A few years ago, I asked Luke at US Coach about those. He looked them up and they were available new for about the same prices as AC ballasts. I don't think they are too hard to find. The electronic ballasts are a lot more likely to act up or interfere with other equipment.

For what it's worth.

Tom Caffrey

Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 07:56:30 PM »

The price must have gone up since I bought mine last year. I bought 2 from Az Wind and Sun for $24. ea. P/N IB-116 Turned out that I only needed 1 when I discovered a loose wire in one of the fixtures, No problems since I have a spare on hand now  Wink We have 12 of these units built into the bus. I found a case of flour bulbs in a junk store for 2 bucks last year also and haven't had to replace a bulb since,
Will  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: