Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 28, 2014, 04:24:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DDEC Identification  (Read 683 times)
Acausey

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2013, 04:56:26 PM »

Hi All,
   Is there an easy way to tell what version DDEC module I have?  My bus is a 1987 New Jersey Transit MC9.  It was repowered with a reliabilt 6v92 about 70,000 miles ago. Don't know much more than that.

Thanks!
~ Andy

The Causey Family Cruiser
'87 MCI MC9
Wylie, TX (Dallas area)
Acausey

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:00:51 PM »

After much research, It looks like we have a DDEC I.  In reading through the archives, I saw references to a replacement eprom that would fix some of the quirks of the NJT.  I called US Coach only to find out that they are no longer available. 

So...does anyone have one of these chips or have any idea where I could find one?  I have access to an eprom burner and could make copies if i had a chip to read!

If nothing turns up, I'll probably make a run over to MCI in Dallas and at least get them to raise the max speed.   

I'd also love to hear any suggestions you might have!

Thanks,
~ Andy

'87 MCI MC9
Wylie, TX (Dallas area)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 04:16:07 PM »

The DDEC 1 will have 2 boxes (1 up front in the drivers area) I am sure yours is a DDEC 11 only 1 box setting on top of the governor housing The DDEC 1 was long gone by the end of 1987 it only lasted a short time the 11 was around till 1992
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:20:03 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Acausey

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 05:52:50 PM »

I think there are 2 DDEC boxes and one ATEC box.  There is a box mounted on top of the engine and two more boxes mounted in the back luggage bay.  Here are a few pictures from the bay.  Of course this is the only bus I have ever worked on, so I could certainly be wrong!

~ Andy

'87 MCI MC9
Wylie, TX (Dallas area)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: