Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 16, 2014, 02:38:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DDEC Identification  (Read 706 times)
Acausey

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2013, 04:56:26 PM »

Hi All,
   Is there an easy way to tell what version DDEC module I have?  My bus is a 1987 New Jersey Transit MC9.  It was repowered with a reliabilt 6v92 about 70,000 miles ago. Don't know much more than that.

Thanks!
~ Andy

The Causey Family Cruiser
'87 MCI MC9
Wylie, TX (Dallas area)
Acausey

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 04:00:51 PM »

After much research, It looks like we have a DDEC I.  In reading through the archives, I saw references to a replacement eprom that would fix some of the quirks of the NJT.  I called US Coach only to find out that they are no longer available. 

So...does anyone have one of these chips or have any idea where I could find one?  I have access to an eprom burner and could make copies if i had a chip to read!

If nothing turns up, I'll probably make a run over to MCI in Dallas and at least get them to raise the max speed.   

I'd also love to hear any suggestions you might have!

Thanks,
~ Andy

'87 MCI MC9
Wylie, TX (Dallas area)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 04:16:07 PM »

The DDEC 1 will have 2 boxes (1 up front in the drivers area) I am sure yours is a DDEC 11 only 1 box setting on top of the governor housing The DDEC 1 was long gone by the end of 1987 it only lasted a short time the 11 was around till 1992
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 05:20:03 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Acausey

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 05:52:50 PM »

I think there are 2 DDEC boxes and one ATEC box.  There is a box mounted on top of the engine and two more boxes mounted in the back luggage bay.  Here are a few pictures from the bay.  Of course this is the only bus I have ever worked on, so I could certainly be wrong!

~ Andy

'87 MCI MC9
Wylie, TX (Dallas area)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: