Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 12:28:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New graphic design for our MCI7  (Read 3071 times)
chazwood

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2013, 10:20:37 AM »

Even the mail box has the right angle

1992 MCI 102c3
Cummins l10 / Allison auto
Thekempters.com
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2013, 10:55:50 AM »

Mike -

Here's an interesting idea to add to your design:  add a "center line" so that the entire graphic becomes a highway fading off into the distance.  Helps tie the entire travel theme together?

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
bansil

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2013, 03:58:19 PM »

Mike -

Here's an interesting idea to add to your design:  add a "center line" so that the entire graphic becomes a highway fading off into the distance.  Helps tie the entire travel theme together?

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink
RJ
That idea is what I kept "see-ing" and is why I made the comment I did.
It will look great when done for them

Doug
Mnt City TN
 Member of:
edeshields

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2013, 06:42:28 PM »

Carl Epping at GM (who worked for the bus division) did a lot of research on whether car colors made car interiors hotter. Color wasnít one of the most significant factors.

One of the problems with heat is that normal automotive glass is transparent to visible and near-infrared light (but opaque to UV), which heats up the interior. But the glass is opaque to far-infrared, which is what is re-radiated from the hot interior, and therefore traps the heat in the car. There are some newer glass treatments that cause it to be reflective to near-infrared, which helps considerably.
The car body acts as an insulator. Since the interior cannot re-radiate the heat back out, it has to conduct it through the body and windows to the outer skin of the car. The outer skin is then cooled as air passes over the car as well as radiating it off. The amount of cooling is heavily dependent on the temperature delta between the air and the car's surface. The car heats up until the incoming energy equals the outgoing energy.

Enjoy your color but tint your glass.

Ed DeShields
Dallas, Texas
MCI 102C3 8V92TA
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2013, 08:09:09 PM »

Sounds interesting, but I don't believe it as far as as bus goes. If only one side of the bus is in the sun with about 300 sq ft of surface that's heated to 140 degrees, it will be a lot hotter inside than if the surface temp was only 100 degrees.  I guess that someone else can work out the BTU difference, but it will be real.  Can anyone here say that they have not noticed the difference between wearing a black or white shirt when out in the hot sun?

You don't have to believe everything you think.
expressbus

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2013, 11:38:46 AM »

Mike,

Looks real good. What design program were you using? Is it available on a low budget? I've been pencil whipping a design for our bus for a couple of years to no avail. Using electrons instead of pencil lead would be a refreshing change!

Thanks

Will

Will Garner, Jr
Southern Pines, NC
1991 Prevost Conversion by Country Coach
chessie4905

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2013, 12:16:54 PM »

looks similar to the newest higher end rv's and toy haulers I saw at last fall's RV show at Hershey. They use a lot of metallic tan/bronze in place of the beige on black.

GMC h8h 649#028
Pennsylvania-central
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 12:32:04 PM »

Mike,
I love your design posted, it sure is stricking and pleasant to look at.  I need to do this one day way, way in the future. Would your program you use be easy to reverse the colors you posted, (Make the Black white and the white Graphics Black.  That way there would be less black surfact to make contact with the sun and I am just curious how your design would look in reverse.  Do this only if you have the time, as I said your design sure is a pretty thing. Thanks.
Gary

Gary
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 11:25:22 AM »

Mike,

Looks real good. What design program were you using? Is it available on a low budget? I've been pencil whipping a design for our bus for a couple of years to no avail. Using electrons instead of pencil lead would be a refreshing change!

Thanks

Will

Thanks!

I use a newer version of corel draw to design and then I use flexi sign pro for cutting my projects. I can also design in flexi, but just prefer corel. There are some download for trial, but these programs are not reasonably priced....hope that helps.

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"
LowTide

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 11:27:00 AM »

Thanks for the input, lots of good ideas! I will make some changes and post them to see if I like something else better.

Mike

Mike and Lori
Sunny Phoenix Arizona
"1973 MCI MC-7 Challenger"

"A nation of sheep helps breed a government of wolves"
Dave5Cs

1979 MCI MC5Cs 6V-71 HT-740 Allison, Roseville, CA

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 09:16:59 AM »

Paint shop pro is good also and a lot cheaper.

Dave5Cs from Galaxy S III

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: