Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 05:30:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to buy an MCI-9 tow hitch?  (Read 2799 times)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2006, 07:43:30 PM »

Looking through Ebay a few minutes ago (bought a bus book...Larry Planchko (sp?)),

Did you just pick up a copy of "Modern Intercity Coaches", or Larry's "Beginner's Guide to Converted Coaches"?

Plachno is the correct spelling, btw.  Publishes National Bus Trader and Bus Tours, both industry trade mags.  www.busmag.com

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2006, 07:47:47 AM »

Looking through Ebay a few minutes ago (bought a bus book...Larry Planchko (sp?)),
Did you just pick up a copy of "Modern Intercity Coaches", or Larry's "Beginner's Guide to Converted Coaches"?
Plachno is the correct spelling, btw. Publishes National Bus Trader and Bus Tours, both industry trade mags. www.busmag.com
Wink

Bought "Modern Intercity Coach"....and another book regarding the history of American Buses.
Haven't had time to get any major reading done yet....get to them soon!
Bought Dave Galey's and George Myers bus conversion books some time ago...actually, did that before I started converting. Still managed to miss a lot of things, as in "screwed up with poor outcome," that a few months of internet bus conversion sites (or completely reading the books!) would have helped avoid. Oh well....this is "practice bus"...102D3 is next! Wink
I believe used coaches are going to get less expensive....general downward trend for bus travel. Fuel pricing and insurance is going to hasten this trend....so we shall see anyway.
Well, let's go down to the barn and correct one of those goofs. Left an air duct loose that was going to go into the water tank bay, but sorta forgot to finish it. Going to duct it into the bath area instead. Never planne to use the bus in cold weather...may now. This is requiring modifications to a couple items. Used the bus for three years and never had the LP heater on. Never lit it untill the other day...and noticed one of the four outlets seemed non-existant...but the area beneath the bath cabs was getting warm?? Duh.

JR Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
gr8njt

MCI-9 Crusader II

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2006, 07:13:55 AM »

I drove down to Delaware this Saturday and had a custom hitch installed in my MCI-9.
I am more than satisfied with the workmanship of the hitch production and friendliness of the whole group present.
Apparently, there's a mini Bus-Rally at Bruce's place every weekend. Thanks to Ross for steering me to their direction and We (My Brother and I) met Walt, Ed, Harold and others and learned a ton of "bus things" from this nice bunch of people in a short period of time.
I already have plans of going back and have some work done to the exterior of my bus.
Bruce and Ross, You can make this post a reference for anyone wishing to know about your services and products when you have your business plans in full swing!!.

****1982 MCI-9 Crusader-II Bus Conversion****
R&M 102 C-3 style Front & Rear cap with louver kit
smooth side kit, dash-board kit, one piece siding
ChuckMC9

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2006, 05:13:21 PM »

I am more than satisfied with the workmanship of the hitch production

Post some photos on your site and let us know when done!
I'm collecting some examples so I'll have a clearer what needs to be done when the time comes.

Compliments on your conversion, BTW!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: