Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 07:50:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Three Misc. Plumbing Questions  (Read 2200 times)
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2013, 11:32:07 AM »

My experience, with two people aboard, is that 60/40 black/grey works for us.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
sledhead

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2013, 03:16:01 PM »

I put in 100 gal fresh  75 gal grey  35 gal black . When we use state parks with no sewer hock up I would have liked to have had 100 gal grey? The black can last as long as 3 weeks with the proper additives if its just my wife and I. So put in a black and a grey tank           would be my opinion                dave

1990 mci 102c  6v92 ta ht740  kit,living room slide . home base huntsville ontario canada
Uglydog56

I'd rather be lucky than good.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 09:48:32 AM »

My tanks are 175 fresh, 150 grey, 45 black.  I wanted a bigger grey than fresh, but physical limitations dictated my tank sizes. 

Rick A. Cone
Silverdale, WA
66 Crowny Crown "The Ark"
arutkow

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 08:06:50 PM »

I am still designing my coach in my head... Smiley

But I was curious how much larger the waste tanks should be than the fresh water tank.  I assume you shouldn't plan on using public bathrooms (gas stations, tourist spots, etc) to prevent excess use of your own tanks?

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 08:15:22 PM »

Guys the spring loaded under the cabinet vents are called Studor valves

Life is short drink the good wine first
Len Silva

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2013, 07:14:22 AM »

Actually, they are called air admittance valves.  Studor is just one brand.  Others are Oatey, Keeney, Rectorseal.

Hand Made Gifts

luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2013, 07:37:43 AM »

Studor was the the original Len that was the only brand for years sorry about not saying admittance valves lol walk in to a plumbing supply and ask for a admittance valve and see what you get 
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:48:11 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2013, 08:45:47 AM »

I am still designing my coach in my head... Smiley

But I was curious how much larger the waste tanks should be than the fresh water tank.  I assume you shouldn't plan on using public bathrooms (gas stations, tourist spots, etc) to prevent excess use of your own tanks?

I figure my waste tank would need to be 10% to 20% larger than the fresh water tank for the waste tank to not get full before the water tank is empty.

The biggest issue for me is the waste tanks filling up when boondocking.  When I am on the road there are usually plenty of places to empty the tank.  We will use public restrooms when we stop for fuel or whatever, but not specifically to keep the tanks from filling up.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Len Silva

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2013, 09:52:33 AM »

I didn't mean to sound like a smart-@$#, though it does look that way.  Because of some business dealings I have been made very aware of brand name protection.

Hand Made Gifts

RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2013, 12:53:01 AM »

Michael -

Just a thought that nobody's mentioned:  Heated bay.

If you put the water heater in the same bay as the fresh/grey/black tanks, even tho it's insulated, there will be some heat given off that might just save you a broken water line if you're suddenly caught in a cold front.  It does happen, even in FL. . .  Shocked

Additionally, someone else mentioned this, but in the back bay is a lot closer to the head and kitchen sink than the old HVAC condenser compartment - thus less water waste potential, even with the recirculation feature.

If you stack your tanks, that will open up some additional space in the bay.  Just make sure you've got sufficient support for the upper ones.

Not putting the water heater up front also allows you to use that compartment for your genset, or a couple of portable propane bottles (if you're planning on using propane for anything.)

Think nautical - sailors have been putting a quart in a pint pot for over 5,000 years.  Our buses are simply land yachts!

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: