Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 04:05:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Paying for fuel  (Read 2214 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 07:26:56 AM »

They are going to include the fee in the price at the pump anyway so you will pay one way or the other lol even in the states the fee is not allowed 

I am old enough to remember in the 70s when stations were not allowed to charge over 3 cents a gallon over the wholesale prices by law my times have changed lol (I have a old pump that has that sticker)

Life is short drink the good wine first
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 08:29:42 AM »

where do you get Gietner in all this,the courts have made the decision and the card companies circumvented a law....Obama and his crew are not to blame for your shoes wearing out...or your tires going flat...sheeeesh...

Qoute-"There is a federal law preventing charging extra for credit card use."

I read that the card companies got fined for shady  deals they were doing last year in the billions and after paying fine, they were allowed, 6 months later, to access the 3% surcharge. Thank Little Timmy "turbo tax" Geithner for that one. Helping his Wall Street Buddies out! Texas not one of the states that would allow fee!

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 08:33:45 AM »

Qoute-"There is a federal law preventing charging extra for credit card use."

I read that the card companies got fined for shady  deals they were doing last year in the billions and after paying fine, they were allowed, 6 months later, to access the 3% surcharge. Thank Little Timmy "turbo tax" Geithner for that one. Helping his Wall Street Buddies out! Texas not one of the states that would allow fee!

The payments are not a fine.  A bunch of merchants sued Visa and Mastercard back in 2005.  Visa and Mastercard decided to settle the lawsuit in 2012.  Part of the settlement is to pay out $7 billion in damages to the merchants and the other part of the settlement is that merchants would be allowed to add a surcharge for using Visa or Mastercard beginning January 27, 2012.

It was never illegal (except in ten states) for a merchant to add a fee for using a credit card.  It was a breach of the contract the merchants had with Visa and Mastercard that allowed them to accept Visa and Mastercard.  The new contract that merchants have with Visa and Mastercard now allows a surcharge for credit card usage.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
eagle19952

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 08:42:56 AM »

i get that,were it not a breach of contract there would not have been a recourse of legal action...thus the court decision...i just wonder where M-Man gets the geitner gave it to wall street deal. Huh

The payments are not a fine.  A bunch of merchants sued Visa and Mastercard back in 2005.  Visa and Mastercard decided to settle the lawsuit in 2012.  Part of the settlement is to pay out $7 billion in damages to the merchants and the other part of the settlement is that merchants would be allowed to add a surcharge for using Visa or Mastercard beginning January 27, 2012.

It was never illegal (except in ten states) for a merchant to add a fee for using a credit card.  It was a breach of the contract the merchants had with Visa and Mastercard that allowed them to accept Visa and Mastercard.  The new contract that merchants have with Visa and Mastercard now allows a surcharge for credit card usage.

Donald PH
1978 Model 05 Eagle w/Torsilastic Suspension,8V71 NA, DDAllison on 24.5's 12kw Kubota.
Wants Paint Smiley
Previously owned by Wee Willie Ent.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 09:05:28 AM »

Fwiw Walmart was the 1st to go after Visa and Mastercard back in 2000 they got a sweet deal has nothing to the law then the merchants decided to go after Visa and Master card

The small vendors it may cause a problem as Visa and MasterCard would lend up to 150,000 dollars and deduct a % of the gross and that was a every day transaction not monthly American Express had the same deal so I have doubts that will happen now  

May be a lot of small business go under with out the financing provided by the 3 card co's as banks will not lend now they set on the money 

My MasterCard stock is going up big time today so the ruling didn't hurt it lol   
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 09:23:58 AM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: