Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 06:22:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quite aux -air  (Read 831 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: January 27, 2013, 04:54:02 PM »

Have tried Jun-air. Box store compressors. Any body got a better Idea or source?  To maintain air while parked for extended periods.   on  shore power.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Emcemv

1973 MCI MC-7 Combo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 05:11:59 PM »

I just bought a reconditioned Porter Cable 6 gallon 150psi compressor for that purpose. It's pretty light but it is noisy, would not want it running in the middle of the night! Cost $130 from CPO outlets on the web. I don't need to run it much. Thought it might be good when I forget to put the shifter in neutral and lose air.....and it won't start. I know it's just a matter of time before I do that.

Bruce & Nancy Fagley
1973 MCI MC-7 Combo Freighter
450HP DD 8V-92T 2000 Reman
HT 740 Allison
Woodbury CT.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 07:28:33 PM »

Check your local hospitals and dentist dumpsters Bob that what they use  (JUN) I have one that is bad and looking for one but not at the price I was quoted mine may be the only Prevost around that will have a Habor/Freight compressor lol

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 10:30:36 AM »

Not the only one-- Was thinking about building quiet box for it if all else fails (HF compressor). I have built a air compressor using a old style ford ac compressor and a 1 hp motor plumbed direct to aux air tank. The only noise there was air intake--could put muffler on it.  Just thought there might be a simple way.  Always looking ahead for better idea.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 06:15:53 AM »

The quietest compressors tend to be belt driven oil lubed.  I looked at a used belt drive compressor once that was essentially silent.  It was slow to build pressure so I passed.  (This was not for the bus.)

A belt drive compressor might not be right for a bus just because most of them are pretty big.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: