Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 04:42:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radius rod bushings  (Read 729 times)
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« on: November 18, 2006, 04:40:12 AM »

While my highly paid consultant Chad and I were inspecting my bus looking for the source of my brake clunk. He pointed out that my bushings were bad. I was surprised and confused by this as I look over the bus often and had never noticed it. The bushings in a relaxed state appear fine, but under load is a different story. I will try to post 3 pic's showing the bushing in a relaxed state. 2 under a load. and how I loaded them. This was my first attempt at posting pics. I made an ID TEN T mistake and posted two photos of the bushings under load. I've deleted 1 and will try to find the unloaded photo later!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 12:18:07 PM by jjrbus » Logged

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 04:54:22 AM »

Both pictures indicate a radius rod that has moved  because of a worn bushing. On good bushings, the big retaining washer is centered on the bushing.
eglluvr

The Quest is But The Beginning...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 05:44:52 AM »

Jim,  I think Chad missed the Mark.... My Solution is STOP Backing into 4x4's    Roll Eyes   Please PM Me for payment instructions    Grin

But Really........, Great Pics, and a creative methodology for loading that Bad Bushing...I have alwyas been a visual learner, and these types of posts answer more questions than I could ask.......I will definately file this in my "Tips & Tricks" archive.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: