Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 30, 2014, 05:10:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radius rod bushings  (Read 712 times)
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« on: November 18, 2006, 04:40:12 AM »

While my highly paid consultant Chad and I were inspecting my bus looking for the source of my brake clunk. He pointed out that my bushings were bad. I was surprised and confused by this as I look over the bus often and had never noticed it. The bushings in a relaxed state appear fine, but under load is a different story. I will try to post 3 pic's showing the bushing in a relaxed state. 2 under a load. and how I loaded them. This was my first attempt at posting pics. I made an ID TEN T mistake and posted two photos of the bushings under load. I've deleted 1 and will try to find the unloaded photo later!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 12:18:07 PM by jjrbus » Logged

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Stan

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 04:54:22 AM »

Both pictures indicate a radius rod that has moved  because of a worn bushing. On good bushings, the big retaining washer is centered on the bushing.
eglluvr

The Quest is But The Beginning...

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 05:44:52 AM »

Jim,  I think Chad missed the Mark.... My Solution is STOP Backing into 4x4's    Roll Eyes   Please PM Me for payment instructions    Grin

But Really........, Great Pics, and a creative methodology for loading that Bad Bushing...I have alwyas been a visual learner, and these types of posts answer more questions than I could ask.......I will definately file this in my "Tips & Tricks" archive.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: