Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 05:05:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caverns Bus Rally May 17th 20, 2013  (Read 4567 times)
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 11:56:51 AM »

Bummer! But, I agree with Clifford-the first Busconversions get together I went to was in Laughlin at the Riverside resort in 1995. All I had in my bus was my rear bed, bathroom, with some of the electrical and plumbing done. I sat in a lawn chair and had my coffee maker, hot plate, microwave and chest freezer on the floor. Was really fun. They had the factory reps from both Prevost and MCI there with their bus conversion shells. Also had a big tent set up with many vendors. Had close to 100 buses there. Would be great to duplicate that get together again-but now with my bus done. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2013, 01:08:17 PM »

Talked w/ Caverns.  Definitely cancelled.   Sad   was looking forward to meeting many face to face on the West Coast - after we just moved here from Northern Illinois.  I'm on the hunt for a rally out here.  Maybe another time.  The office was helpful and no problem receiving the refund.  Hope it wasn't cancelled 'cause I said I'd bring my String Bass and would play some bluegrass.  Wouldn't be the first time something like that happened.   Cheesy  Grin

Thanks all, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2013, 01:37:00 PM »

Hi All, why can't. We just turn this into an NRG, I thought it was anyway, would like to meet you all, lvmci...
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 03:15:22 PM by lvmci » Logged

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2013, 01:38:09 PM »

Actual Phil, that is the reason (LOL)!

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »

Ack!  My reputation precedes me.   Sad   Cheesy   Grin 

NRG, maybe..  I've already rescheduled for those days, but, , a little bit later in the year I am totally up for that...  Would be great.  Wife and I would be on board.  Plus one Moose Bus.  Won't bring up the bass this time though.  Not me.  No large doghouse bass.  That is for sure.   Grin

Kind Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2013, 05:14:05 PM »

We already made plans to be at the Caverns the 21st of May.  We are planning an off road trip to the Colorado river for lunch.  But we'll be back for the party and tire kicking. 

--Geoff and Sherry

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 05:23:36 PM »

How many others gonna be there anyway? Let's make it a NRG, lvmci...

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
Gary Hatt - Publisher BCM

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 11:50:25 AM »

We at BCM are all very sorry about the cancelling of Caverns Rally.  And even though were weren't the organizers, we were excited at the prospect of attending the Caverns Rally and supporting it with magazine and web ads.  We hope those of you that do decide to still go, have a great time.  I would like go too, but there is a lot going on and I really need to be here to keep things moving in a positive direction.
Geoff

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 05:07:19 PM »

I'll be there. The opportunity to meet one or 20 bus nuts is always rewarding.

--Geoff

Geoff
'82 RTS AZ
lvmci

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 08:47:55 PM »

Tom C and Phil and any others, I hope you guys can make it, if you were already planning it why not! Lvmci...

MCI5A 8V71 Allison MT643
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 09:01:35 PM »

We won't be coming I was just hoping to see some of the older bus people from the past that don't post any longer I have already saw Geoff this year 1 down and many to go lol

Life is short drink the good wine first
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 11:56:55 PM »

This whole subject has me upset.  I did not realize that this was an MAK rally as opposed to a Bus Conversion Magazine rally.

I have a bit of insight to the business dealings between MAK and the last two owner groups and the picture is not pretty.

I think the idea of a NRG is fine, but I would not pay a fee to support MAK and his ownership of the Caverns.  There are other campgrounds that would appreciate your money and have better facilities.

Sorry that this is less than politically correct, but this whole thing stinks.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 05:25:00 AM »

My heart goes out to those who have planned to be there. I have been working diligently to prep a few busnuts coaches that were planning on attending this rally specifically, Had to drop the bad news on them yesterday(these folks do not frequent the bus boards),and it was quite a let down for them after putting down a significant amount of coin to get these coach's ready for the rally. So that being said, I am sure that others will be sharing the same amount of disappointment about this cancellation.
 Cheryl and I were waiting for me to have some free time to prep our bus (2 Hydraulic lines) before committing taking the bus to the rally and would still have showed up with or with out the bus to come meet with fellow busnuts.
  As we all know, busnuts can be pretty resourcfull, I can only suggest for those that have made plans is to pick an alternate site to meet and have a great time despite it all! We won't be attending the Mak rally now but might just regroup at our favorite water hole, the Lake meade RV Village here in southern Nevada http://lakemeadrvvillage.com/ , anyone interested? just say the word! I'm sure I can arrange a tour and impromptu lunch at B&B Coach for those interested  in what we've been up to regarding slide outs Wink Grin

All the Best!
  Smiley Van and Cheryl  Smiley
 702-664-4265

« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:44:01 AM by Van » Logged

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
saddleup

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 06:32:03 AM »

I don't know why you all arn't going anyway, who cares about the formal rally activities , you guys can save the 20 buck rally fee and make your own dam party,seems like a bunch of bus people getting togather and visting should make for a good time, let alone just getting out and driving your buses.

Battle Mountain,NV  Molson,Wa  Yuma,Az

1974 Eagle 05 On the road, to Somewhere
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 06:49:04 AM »

I wasn't plan on paying the 20 bucks Matt I don't much care for place not like it is a 4 or 5 star resort when Mikey is involved always something  lol 

Years back he was trying to do a FMCA chapter for BCM it never materialized Mike has done more to advance the bus conversion as some call a hobby than anybody around but there was always something in it for him

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: