Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 11:24:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4106 tilt steering  (Read 487 times)
Darrelldvm

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2013, 10:40:44 PM »

I posted this question on another board but didn't get enough info. Where do I find a source for a tilt steering column to fit a 4106? What truck has a column that will fit?   

Darrell
goutoe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 10:13:15 AM »

You might try some truck salvage yards, my bus has a freight liner tilt and telescoping wheel, works real well>>>> John

John & Linda 1977 AM General 6V92 turbo Detroit 3 Speed allison, 40 ft.
OneLapper

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 07:10:12 PM »

Some of the more learned may correct me, but I'm not aware that any 4106's came with tilt steering wheels.

That being said, I don't think it would be too difficult to stall one.  Remove the upper steering column, cut the shaft, have a professional weld in the u joint and attach your new/used tilting column. 

Hmmm, you got me thinkin......

OneLapper
1964 PD4106-2853
www.markdavia.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: