Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 04:45:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New MCI $250 minimum for parts orders  (Read 1326 times)
belfert

Ignore
« on: February 05, 2013, 08:41:21 AM »

MCI has just instituted a $250 minimum for parts orders.  There will be a $30 shipping and handling fee for orders smaller than $250.  No shipping fee for orders $250 and up.  This isn't great for me as I almost never need $250 worth of parts, especially as MCI's inventory of Dina parts gets slimmer by the day.  I guess I'll be ordering through C&J Bus Repair now, but it was so much easier to order online from MCI.  MCI used to ship any order online for free and gave a 1% discount.

In the old days, I one time ordered a $4 Dina body part from MCI.  MCI actually bought the part from Marco Polo in Brazil and had it shipped to them and then to me.  I never expected that level of service and would not have been upset if they said they couldn't get the part.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
grantgoold

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 11:33:24 AM »

So now we just need to pool our very small orders into one bigger order and then ship the specific parts to the people involved using the good old USPS "if it fits it ships" boxes. Very cheap! I have always been thankful for the technical help at MCI and the easy order and shipping online. Times are changing! 

Thank a farmer Grin

Just a thought!

Grant

Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: