Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 03:48:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: gen exhaust  (Read 675 times)
danielmeguel/1974 MCI

Ignore
« on: February 05, 2013, 07:06:06 PM »

Hello, I just bought a gen venturi exhaust system and I want to mount permanently. Question; how much above the roof is recommended? I'm planning on even with top of a/c units. Anybody have experience with this situation? thx...danielmeguel
Utahclaimjumper

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2013, 08:10:52 PM »

Be carfull mounting it permanently,, if your coach is 102 inches wide.. You are only allowed the mirrors to be over that wighth. Thats one of the reasons they are made to dismantle and place in a bag.>>>Dan
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:14:49 AM by Utahclaimjumper » Logged

Utahclaimjumper 
 EX 4106 (presently SOB)
Cedar City, Ut.
 72 VW Baja towed
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 05:42:58 AM »

There is no particular reason not to install it permanently, even though the whole design concept is the flexibility of adding it when needed. If you use the generator while traveling it probably won't work.  Just use common sense with the height and the location.  Don't put it next to any vents that have ingress to the bus, near a window that can be opened, etc.  It just has to come up slightly past the roof-line to work, kind of like any chimney.  I wouldn't stick it a foot past the highest part of the roof, as you are suggesting by putting it equal or higher than the top of the roof-top AC units.

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 08:25:13 AM »

My generator is in the front like a front engine next to the driver's seat. The exhaust comes out the left side just behind the bumper. I have an 8ft extension that I put on when I'm at a campground. The only thing I wish it had was a top flapper on it to keep moisture and rain out of it-if it rains, then when you start it, it makes black soot. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: