Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 06:58:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: no heat is now fixed I hope  (Read 504 times)
sledhead

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2013, 02:56:15 PM »

Thanks for the help on where to look for the heat valve on my 102c .I tried to get the valve to work and it did for a short time then nothing! So as I don't have otr a/c I removed the air line that kept the valve closed . Now the heat (anti-freeze ) is moving all the time and I can use the fan to control how much heat I need if I want to.I hope this will not cause a problem in the hot weather? Now as for the eng.tstats I called leids diesel where the eng. was rebuilt and asked their advise on the no heat problem . They suggested using a 190 f tstats as they put on a larger gear on the blower to help cool the turbo and that's why it ran so cold.I asked what hp the ddec was set to and at the time detroit would only bump it up to 300 hp from the org 270 hp . Now that 3 years have gone by they can bump it up to 350 hp as that is what the eng. was rebuilt to.I don't understand why detroit would not do that when it was rebuilt. 
any thoughts !                                       thanks   dave

1990 mci 102c  6v92 ta ht740  kit,living room slide . home base huntsville ontario canada
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 06:44:38 AM »

Sounds good! Now you know what's going on.

You might find it too hot inside in the summer. You can just shut the water valves off in the engine compartment.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: