Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 05:46:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coach prices  (Read 3196 times)
harleyman_1000

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 09:34:02 AM »

What is Michelangelo's ?

Scott 
St.Louis Missouri

1958 GM 4104 Extended 2 feet, with a 6v92 and 5 speed automatic

http://s783.photobucket.com/user/harleyman_1000/library/Gm4104%20bus?sort=3&page=1
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2013, 05:21:43 AM »

Are you talking about the bus on Ebay?  The seller doesn't have a choice after the bids come in on if he/she will sell or not.  He needed to put a reserve on it or start it at $50,000 if he wouldn't sell for less.

EBay Motors works a little different than the rest of EBay. Seller doesn't have to sell & ends up with no reprocussions for doing so. Ask Jack Campbell, he knows first hand. Bought a Bus on EBay & was ready to go pick it up. The guy refused to sell. Jack checked his legal options to a dead end. I don't think you even get to leave a negative on the seller...

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
1982 Eagle Model 10 6V92TA Auto
It's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years...
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2013, 06:10:01 AM »

EBay Motors works a little different than the rest of EBay. Seller doesn't have to sell & ends up with no reprocussions for doing so. Ask Jack Campbell, he knows first hand. Bought a Bus on EBay & was ready to go pick it up. The guy refused to sell. Jack checked his legal options to a dead end. I don't think you even get to leave a negative on the seller...

I didn't realize that.  I thought on Ebay the seller was obligated to sell as long as the highest bid met reserve.

It seems like Ebay Motors would be a great way to test the waters for selling a coach then.  You can put it out there to see what it would sell for with no obligation to actually sell.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2013, 04:48:00 PM »

Prior to finding a Bus I used EBay regularly as a learning tool and possibly to find the right bus for me. It was interesting how you would see a Bus listed & the price going up rather quickly, leveling off but never quite reaching that reserve price. Different than other EBay auctions. When I watch things that I'm interested in you won't see the price rise until the very last of the auction. To put it in perspective a little more a regular auction will start low & stay there  for 99% or more of the auction time. Then the heavy bidding happens in the last few minutes. If a person were truly interested in a Bus why would he bid early & run the price up on himself. I like being a sleeper. No action till the last. every time there's a bid the perspective bidders are alerted there's activity on the item they're watching. I've seen Buses rise up quickly in the early stages of the auction time then finish just short of the reserve. Two weeks later here goes the same unit again. Same game all over. You don't think the owner has a helper driving the price do you?  Roll Eyes
Not being skeptical just observational...

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
Miss Scarlett

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2013, 06:25:06 PM »

I've bid on things many times where the bidding would make me suspect someone was helping the seller. There is no way to prove it but the bids sure seem strange sometimes.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 06:28:18 PM by Miss Scarlett » Logged

Miss Scarlett is an Eagle 10 with a 6v92 and Allison 740
UPDATE: finished enough to use!!!- exterior will remain original.
-Dan
john9861

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2013, 04:41:42 AM »

Not much different than many live auctions. The owner or auction company can easily have a helper to run the bids up. Not to worry though. Just decide where your stopping point is & be done. I recently attended a grocery store auction where 2 different guys were expressing interest in a meat grinder. One even stated that he had to have it as his just quit working. Well they both were sharing too much to "the helper". The grinder should have gone for no more than $1000. Ended up being 3 main bidders. Guess which ones. Final price $4000. I have seen this particular "helper" at several other auctions with the same auction company. Don't remember ever seeing him buy much though. And you really have to be careful if the auction company also owns or is very closely tied to an equipment reseller. 

John Mellis
Bowman, SC
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: