Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 11:10:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Still looking to buy a bus  (Read 3504 times)
gulfyankee

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 08:06:03 PM »

Scott,  when I was looking for mine I utilized a website called 'SearchTempest'. You can do a radius search of craigslist thru this site for anything you want. Just decide how far you are willing to drive to look at a bus, and search that far out from your zip code. That's how I found my 4104. Good luck!

Scott
Based out of Jasper, TX, but am hardly ever there

1958 GMC PD4104-2345
DD 6-71
Spicer 4 speed
johnjem
http://photobucket.com/johnsgmc4905

1970 gmc 4905

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »

Mine might be for sale but it would be alittle more then 15, i have some photos of half the stuff i recently did as far as upgrades look at the bottom of this post click on my photobucket link check it out   johnjem84@yahoo.com

Never stop thinking,it"s what keeps us going till tomorrow
http://photobucket.com/johnsgmc4905
Mike in GA

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 08:53:15 AM »

Longtime member of the Southeast Bus Nuts, Ed Gallant of Bostic NC, has decided to sell his GM 4903 conversion. Nice one. Recently rebuilt engine, auto trans, and 6 new tires. Asking $15K. Try him at
edannbus@aol.com
Mike in GA

Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for more than 12 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 11:14:52 AM »

Please don't buy one of these old Eagles, no matter what the price is unless there is a way to inspect/certify that the structural metal underneath and especially in walls is in good condition or has been properly replaced. There have been too many horror stories about this over the years. Unless, of course you love to tear apart/ dismantle and repair coaches with lots of extra money and time. In this regard, an older GMC would be a better choice, even over an older MCI, as they had similar rust issues also. Of course old GMC's have their own set of issues, but not this major one. Bottom line...just spend the time to thoroughly check one out before jumping on it. Now is a good time to get something, as the economy and especially fuel prices has caused conversions prices to plummet. There are many steals along with the junk.
 The Eagle and MCI owners will probably weigh in with their experiences and tips.

Would that not be good advice for any bus make and model, not just for Eagles?  No major rust issues in this old bird.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 11:46:01 AM »

Where you been Wayne I was beginning to think one of your snakes got you lol , as far as rust on a Eagle most of east coast guys never saw a rust free west coast Eagle I have 1974 -05 here that has never been repaired no rust anyplace

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: