Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 08:04:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lubricheck  (Read 651 times)
Iceni John

Ignore
« on: February 17, 2013, 05:42:21 PM »

The Newell forum recently mentioned the Lubricheck oil-check gizmo that's come onto the market:  http://lubricheck.com/home/science    It costs $40, and it says it checks acidity, metal and carbon particulates, and liquids such as coolant and water.   I know this won't replace a proper oil analysis, but as a quick 'n easy way to see how the oil is doing, would there be any downside to having one?   Does anyone here have one?   I wonder if it also works for transmission or PS fluid?

John

1990 Crown 2R-40N-552:  6V92TAC, DDEC II, HT740, Jake.      Hecho en Chino.     
Behind the Orange Curtain, SoCal.
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 06:45:40 PM »

First thing that comes to mind is that a proper oil analysis is less than $40.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 07:48:25 AM »

Those work ok not as good as a full sample the 40 bucks is the one time cost ,I have had one for year only problem one of the led lights failed but they replaced it without questions 

Some RV's have those as part of the maintenance tools but they tell you to check it against a sample the first use

Life is short drink the good wine first
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: