Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 20, 2014, 07:34:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacement Defrost Fans  (Read 469 times)
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2013, 11:35:49 AM »

I have two defrost fans top oppsite ends of windshield, and two fans in the rear area. None does a very good job of moving air. They turn fast, make alot of noise, but so much as to moving air.

I have removed the front units and looking for an effective fan to replace. We can tolerate the heat to 85+ if there is an air moving. The drivers side window is under neg pressure when moving, so not good for driver.

Here is a google pic of the fan I have. I  believe they were pricey, but not effective. I have also tweaked the blades by increasing pitch, still no improvement in moving air.

Thanks in advance for suggestions. I was going to check out West Marine. I have a marine fan from 30+ years ago, little larger but 100+ better.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:38:10 AM by Gary '79 5C » Logged

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 03:59:50 PM »

12 or 24 volt?  I have a 24 I don't need on shelf.   Bob  2nd thought On a previous coach I put a 20 inch ceiling fan from Lowes above drivers seat. was 120 volt. Sure did cool things off.  Could prob be run off small inverter.  $45.   Bob
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:52:47 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 07:22:47 AM »

While that windshield fan looks neat, they are noisy. I bought a bigger plastic fan that can oscillate. It is two spd and I have it mounted on the dash facing me. On low when driving, you can't even hear it and it pushes lots of air. With the combination of the front roof A/C facing down towards me and the dash fan, I'm very comfortable in all weather. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: