Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 02:35:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Replacement Defrost Fans  (Read 508 times)
Gary '79 5C

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2013, 11:35:49 AM »

I have two defrost fans top oppsite ends of windshield, and two fans in the rear area. None does a very good job of moving air. They turn fast, make alot of noise, but so much as to moving air.

I have removed the front units and looking for an effective fan to replace. We can tolerate the heat to 85+ if there is an air moving. The drivers side window is under neg pressure when moving, so not good for driver.

Here is a google pic of the fan I have. I  believe they were pricey, but not effective. I have also tweaked the blades by increasing pitch, still no improvement in moving air.

Thanks in advance for suggestions. I was going to check out West Marine. I have a marine fan from 30+ years ago, little larger but 100+ better.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 11:38:10 AM by Gary '79 5C » Logged

Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 03:59:50 PM »

12 or 24 volt?  I have a 24 I don't need on shelf.   Bob  2nd thought On a previous coach I put a 20 inch ceiling fan from Lowes above drivers seat. was 120 volt. Sure did cool things off.  Could prob be run off small inverter.  $45.   Bob
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 04:52:47 PM by robertglines1 » Logged

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 07:22:47 AM »

While that windshield fan looks neat, they are noisy. I bought a bigger plastic fan that can oscillate. It is two spd and I have it mounted on the dash facing me. On low when driving, you can't even hear it and it pushes lots of air. With the combination of the front roof A/C facing down towards me and the dash fan, I'm very comfortable in all weather. Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: