Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 30, 2014, 02:50:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to use chat?  (Read 521 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« on: February 22, 2013, 05:20:05 PM »

Just had a good visit with Mark. We were finished. Then my computed locked up.  Has happened several times when is the chat room to me in past. Why? chat lasted prob 1/2 hr .  Also how does little call button on bottom line work?  other than looking up how do we know someone is in chat?  Most of time when the header above says someone is there--the room is empty.. Also how can I continue reading board and be notified if someone else enters room?  I'm sure the info is there. But can it be simplified for those of us that don't understand tech computer stuff?   66 yr old Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 08:31:10 AM »

well, let me try.

Turn up the sound on your computer. There are noises made when folks post and enter the room so you can log in, and go do other stuff while you wait for someone to stroll by.

The call button makes another noise, some quacking most recently.

The hanging chatters is due to their computer settings not allowing them to properly disengage from the chat room at the end of their session. They go in, and once they leave, the chat room can't let them go.

Something about allowing pop-ups maybe? Can't remember.

Then we find that they leave immediately upon our arrival. Our logging in releases them somehow. There are also people who have logged into the chat and then gone off and left their computer turned on overnight. They might not have their sound turned up, so are unaware that someone else is there to chat with.

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 11:01:46 PM »

Nicely done bus warrior.  Smiley

Also, under options (button) clicking sound gives you an option to sound volume level.  May help hearing noises when someone enters, leaves chat.

I may bring back the moo.  I liked the moo noise when  someone hit the call button.  Back in the day... , we used moo.

I'm not sure about the lockup issue. wonder if an adobe flash player upgrade would help? Right click on chat, about and you will be @ adobe site with a rundown on chat version.  Hopefully that is not more confusing...  Let me know, 

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: