Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 10:43:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Automatic Water Shutoff Valve  (Read 5772 times)
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2013, 04:45:28 PM »

Sean;they make one that will go inside a 1 inch pipe thread horizontal with a horizontal 3/4 inch float on it. The whole thing is brass but is only rated about 70lb max pressure. is aprox 14 inches long(with bulb) with about 1 1/2 inch female 3/4 inch thread outside tank.  Not adjustable so you have to have it at your max water level.   Bob

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2013, 08:57:25 PM »

That's exactly the style of float I am familiar with.  I can't tell how you are keeping it oriented inside the tank.  Are you just letting it float up against the lid?  Perhaps that will work but I wouldn't have thought of it.

Yep, it's just bumping up against the the underneath of the lid. Works like a charm. I sat out there on my first full up with the system in place to monitor the fill. I honestly though it wasn't going to work. Murphy's law and all. But it works flawlessly. I can't believe it. This is my answer. Highly recommend this mod.

Sent from iPhone via Tapatalk

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2013, 07:07:24 AM »

to old school?? from the 1800's    Grin  Bob 

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Scott Bennett
Scott & Heather MCI-9

Scott & Heather

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2013, 08:19:20 AM »

Smiley Yes Bob  Smiley  And just so you know, I'm just as comfortable chatting with you about it as I would be a younger person. I respect all of you guys and many of you have no idea you are "virtual mentors" to us. As I type this...I realize that I forgot my tank was filling. Snow is gently falling, and I'm warm in our bus...not freaking out that I again flooded the luggage bay...because WAIT!, oh yeah! I have an auto shut off!  Cool Going to go out and turn off the water now.

Scott & Heather
1984 MCI9 6V92-turbo with 9 inch roof raise & conversion in progress.
http://www.scottmichaelbennett.com/p/our-bus.html
˙ǝɯoɔlǝʍ suoıʇɐuop ˙snq ʍǝu ɐ pǝǝu ʎlqɐqoɹd ll,ǝʍ 'sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ noʎ ɟı
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: