Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 28, 2014, 01:46:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone using a GPS Speedometer?  (Read 1949 times)
expressbus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2013, 08:06:46 AM »

Grant,

Got over to the bus barn yesterday. I have a full set of Speedhut Legacy Gauges as replacement for the original 1990 gauges from the coach manufacturer. The old gauges were black faced with white lettering and tick marks. They were, as are the Speedhut gauges, mounted on a semi-gloss panel installed by the converter. The original gauges were difficult to read, limited sweep added to the difficulty. So per your request I'll post a couple of pictures. In one you can see the comparison between the old and new as Speedhut does not manufacture a twin pyrometer.

These gauges were a drop in install within the panel. They were not useable with the stock wiring. Except for the GPS speedometer, the air and the fuel gauge, all the gauges required purchasing a 45' wiring cable per gauge. I have not even added up the total costs yet, but for someone just starting a conversion the cost will be substantially less. We used a baseboard chase to run the cables inside the coach from dash to bedroom before drilling the floor to access the engine bay.

Hope these pics fit you interest.

Will Garner, Jr
Southern Pines, NC
1991 Prevost Conversion by Country Coach
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: