Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 18, 2014, 10:19:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making tour  (Read 1150 times)
jatnip

Ignore
« on: November 20, 2006, 09:27:06 PM »

OK,  We are making another singing tour starting Jan 7, 2007 and will be gone for about 2 months.  Will be in WY, CO, KA, OK, LA, AL, GA, NC, SC, KY, MO, NE and back home.  Question, Any GREAT places to stop at on this route.  My wife and I have 10 children and sing and play bluegrass music so take this in consideration.

Thanks
Jim
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 09:51:57 PM »

10 kids... and music, holy cow, what fun. Please post your site if you have one. We've just got three kiddos (and no music), but we always have fun on the road. We just got back from a fun trip through NE-IA-MO-AR-OK-KS-TX. Wish we were still out there...

Anyways, here's some ideas (ticket prices for 10-12 might eat you alive, but I'll post 'em anyways):

KS
There's a nice zoo right off of I-70 near Salina
The Exploration Place in downtown Wichita is a must... kids of all ages (including me) love it

NE
Check out the Kearney Arch. You drive right under it on I-80... and it's a great museum
Omaha's Henry Doorley Zoo is awesome

MO

If anywhere near STL, do The Arch. It's great. And the Old Courthouse is a few blocks inland, awesome... and free.
Of course, you're probably bringing down some house in Branson on your tour, so you probably know a thing or three about that place

What part of CO and WY? I live in CO and could give a bunch of places/ things to do if I know where you're going.

I'm sure I'll think of more,
Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
jatnip

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 06:17:00 AM »

Brain

We will be playing in Hudson Co.  We live in Cody WY and will start our tour here and end here.  Your right that with 10 children we have to watch out what we do because of the price to go to some of places will break us, but we do enjoy all of these tours and have a great time together and meet a lot of great people.
 Jim
jatnip

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 06:22:00 AM »

Opps!  forgot to post post site.  atnipfamily.com   It will be updated as we get schdule confirmed more.
thanks
Jim
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 06:43:37 AM »

Very cool Jim.

Somehow, we need to get you just a bit closer to the upper midwest - we'd love to see you guys in action.  I'll bet that is some interesting driving in the winter months in the bus.  We've drivin cross country at that time of year before, some of the highways are not too well cared for as one might have expected.  Snow, ice, etc...

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 09:12:27 AM »

Jim -

How about some pics of your tour bus on your website??

May not be Kenny Chesney's, but so what?  WE would like to see it!!

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
S13406 Now
Fresno CA
jatnip

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 11:59:01 AM »

Phil
We come through IL about twice every year.  Have never played there yet but have played many places in IN, OH, PA, MO, WI, KY and MN.  Just all around you.  Been to Canada about 6 times.  We have a bus full with my wife and I with ten children plus all sound system and instruments.  Our bus is not only for enjoyment only but is like a tool, when you need it you use it, and it better perform.
Thanks
Jim
Buffalo SpaceShip

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 01:07:38 PM »

Jim, if ya'll head into KS via I-70, do stop in Burlington, CO. Our favorite city park anywhere is located in this little town... called the "Rocket Park" for the cool, giant old play structure there. Just a stone's throw from the Interstate. Free, of course, and plenty of space to park a big bus.

There's even another nice park closer to downtown (if you can call it that) with giant wooden play structures. The town boasts an old wooden Carousel (summer only) and an Old Town Museum (never been to it). There's also a very nice Welcome Center there to dump your tanks and get some free maps and coffee.

We were just there on Friday.... and always stop on our way through.

Cheers,
Brian B.

Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: